View Single Post
Old 07/22/2007, 01:22 PM
the cow flys at dawn

ok so what if i just shrunk mine down to 14" or so and run only 50' of tubing but still leave the 4" diameter PVC would that work better or do I have to go to 2" PVC

Im sorry this part of this thread is actually 2 seperate parts here, you have one working, and les is designing one

I thought i made it clear, I wouldnt change what you have. its not worth the little effort it would take, and all you would have to do is cut your coil in half ish. w/o cutting down the chamber id go for the 60' instead of 50' but either way i still wouldnt take the time. plus any length of cycling would probibly be offset as your already 2 weeks in, and you would have to start over completely

you have 100g of water you will get a nice turnover with this unit

the longer coil is a little bit of a pain, and it means that the denitrator is going to run differently, but you still have to test just like everyone else. you used bio balls not gravel/rock so you wont get any stagnent areas in the bio chamber IF you are going to build one again, dont build it that way, having a higher flow isnt bad, and 'slow' and 'fast' are still based on the test kits