View Single Post
Old 07/09/2007, 06:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jubbers
i sure hope they are not eggs because healthy clown eggs would be orange and quite large. also the male clown will fan them with is tail to sort out bad eggs. clowns lay their eggs on hard flat surfaces near their host(anemone or coral. if they are eggs they may not hatch because it is not normal to have black eggs. healthy eggs hatch in 4-7 days. also they lay about 250 eggs at a time.
Male still stay where the "eggs" he refused leave the area, so I don't know how long they have been there. I look at th picture, its look like brown to silver. so I guess there been 4 days..

My wife want to see if it make throught. Tomorrow I will get 5 gallon tank with airstone and see what happened.

We are interesting in SW and learn about their lifespan.

Quote:
Maybe they are, well in the process of hatching. While they are orange when first laid, they turn brownish, to silver. I can always tell when they will hatch, by how silver they look to me. I've not been wrong in 6 batches.
Yes its brown, hard to see if color silver because I can't access where they laid the egg. I will look at it when dusk.