Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Showing results 1 to 25 of 94
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: JCDelbeek
Forum: Reef Fishes 10/24/2007, 02:48 PM
Replies: 73
Posted By JCDelbeek
John, two points of import you did not mention...

John, two points of import you did not mention ... how deep was it collected at and was it eating before being shipped out?

In the Waikiki Aquariums' experience, the males are extremely difficult...
Forum: Reef Discussion 08/15/2007, 09:10 PM
Replies: 89
Posted By JCDelbeek
Thanks Ben, but if by "midas Goby" you mean...

Thanks Ben, but if by "midas Goby" you mean Ecsenius midas ... this is a blenny and not a goby, and would not be part of my survey.

Everyone: Please use scientific names and/or attach/link photos...
Forum: Reef Discussion 08/14/2007, 12:57 AM
Replies: 89
Posted By JCDelbeek
Thanks Kris ... unfortunately that is not a genus...

Thanks Kris ... unfortunately that is not a genus that I am gathering info on at present. :-)

Aloha!
JCD
Forum: Reef Discussion 08/14/2007, 12:50 AM
Replies: 89
Posted By JCDelbeek
Thanks for the info ... but that genus is not...

Thanks for the info ... but that genus is not part of my survey ... sorry. :-)

Aloha!
JCD
Forum: Reef Discussion 08/14/2007, 12:48 AM
Replies: 89
Posted By JCDelbeek
Re: ?

Sorry but I don't really understand your question. Who said anything about being paid for this? This is for a SCIENTIFIC paper, not an article for a hobbyist magazine. Did you read the first post in...
Forum: Reef Discussion 08/14/2007, 12:45 AM
Replies: 89
Posted By JCDelbeek
Re: ?

Sorry but I don't really understand your question. Who said anything about being paid for this? This is for a SCIENTIFIC paper, not an article for a hobbyist magazine. Did you read the first post in...
Forum: Reef Fishes 08/13/2007, 11:30 AM
Replies: 36
Posted By JCDelbeek
Thanks Senator, Please just post here for me...

Thanks Senator,

Please just post here for me if you will, only the genera I am looking for (see first message in this thread) and give me an estimate as to how long you have had each specimen in...
Forum: Reef Fishes 08/05/2007, 01:44 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By JCDelbeek
Thanks Jeff, but I only need info on the goby...

Thanks Jeff, but I only need info on the goby genera listed at the beginning of this thread.

To all others responding, please read the first message in this thread as to what genera and what...
Forum: Reef Discussion 08/03/2007, 09:42 PM
Replies: 89
Posted By JCDelbeek
Thanks for all the replies so far ... lets keep...

Thanks for all the replies so far ... lets keep them coming in, I'll keep logging replies till the end of August.

Aloha!
Charles
Forum: Reef Fishes 08/03/2007, 09:20 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By JCDelbeek
Thanks for posting your data so far ... but there...

Thanks for posting your data so far ... but there has to be MORE people out there who have kept these genera of gobies during their time in the hobby ... I need more data please!!! :-)

Thanks!...
Forum: Reef Discussion 07/19/2007, 02:18 AM
Replies: 89
Posted By JCDelbeek
Thanks for all the replies so far ... p[lease...

Thanks for all the replies so far ... p[lease keep them coming!

Aloha!
Charles
Forum: Reef Fishes 07/19/2007, 02:12 AM
Replies: 36
Posted By JCDelbeek
Thanks for the replies so far ... let's keep them...

Thanks for the replies so far ... let's keep them coming in!

Aloha!
J. Charles Delbeek
Forum: Reef Discussion 07/06/2007, 01:32 PM
Replies: 89
Posted By JCDelbeek
Goby Lifespan Survey

Aloha All,

I am working on a paper on marine goby longevity in aquaria with Dr. Jack Randall. Most scientific papers appear to indicate lifespans from one to five years in the wild. This...
Forum: Reef Fishes 07/06/2007, 01:30 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By JCDelbeek
Goby Lifespan Survey

Aloha All,

I am working on a paper on marine goby longevity in aquaria with Dr. Jack Randall. Most scientific papers appear to indicate lifespans from one to five years in the wild. This...
Forum: Reef Fishes 06/22/2007, 06:43 PM
Replies: 631
Posted By JCDelbeek
I have a picture of a flagfin/goldflake hybrid I...

I have a picture of a flagfin/goldflake hybrid I took in 1989 (?) that I sent to Richard Pyle. I found it in a petshop in NY.

Aloha!
Charles
Forum: Reef Fishes 06/22/2007, 01:52 PM
Replies: 631
Posted By JCDelbeek
Damn ... sorry John ... I forgot we discussed...

Damn ... sorry John ... I forgot we discussed that pic already ... sorry to ruin your ruse!
Forum: Reef Fishes 06/22/2007, 01:35 PM
Replies: 631
Posted By JCDelbeek
John, that fish is a fake ... it is a plastic...

John, that fish is a fake ... it is a plastic model some guy made and placed in his tank. I have that magazine and had a Japanese student translate the photo caption. LOL

JCD
Forum: Reef Fishes 06/01/2007, 10:10 PM
Replies: 631
Posted By JCDelbeek
380 ft in Palau, 65-68 oF.

380 ft in Palau, 65-68 oF.
Forum: Reef Fishes 05/31/2007, 11:12 AM
Replies: 631
Posted By JCDelbeek
I haven't heard of any coming on the market...

I haven't heard of any coming on the market lately. I heard of a fellow in Japan (I am sure Tanaka-san knows of him) who had a pair years ago, that were spawning. No one has raised them yet. I know...
Forum: Reef Fishes 05/30/2007, 11:13 PM
Replies: 631
Posted By JCDelbeek
That's me, nice to be remembered ... though I...

That's me, nice to be remembered ... though I haven't written for them in over 15 years ... I write a monthly column in Aquarium Fish International (used to AFM) since 1993, online mags and a few...
Forum: Reef Fishes 05/30/2007, 11:41 AM
Replies: 631
Posted By JCDelbeek
You're right! Should be Holacanthus! I'll ask...

You're right! Should be Holacanthus! I'll ask Terry to change it.

Aloha!
JCD
Forum: Reef Fishes 05/30/2007, 11:18 AM
Replies: 631

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2006/12/aafeature

Aloha!
JCD
Forum: Reef Fishes 05/29/2007, 11:49 PM
Replies: 631
Posted By JCDelbeek
We just received another of the rarest angelfish...

We just received another of the rarest angelfish in the world, at present! Add this to our C. nahackyi, C. interrupta, C, colini, Holanthias fuscipinnis, Chaetodon smithi, Prognathodes basebi, blue...
Forum: Reef Discussion 11/03/2006, 01:31 PM
Replies: 268
Posted By JCDelbeek
I was pointed to this thread and feel the need to...

I was pointed to this thread and feel the need to point out, as others have, that anyone who posts messages mentioning that they have illegally imported animals in their tanks in Hawaii, should be...
Forum: Reef Discussion 08/20/2006, 09:18 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By JCDelbeek
Internships Available: Great Barrier Reef Aquarium

Please do not email me regarding this post, all enquiries should be sent to the person mentioned in the message.

JCD

From: Shelley Anthony <shelleya@gbrmpa.gov.au>
Subject: 2007 Curatorial...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 94