Reef Central Online Community Archives

Reef Central Online Community Archives (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG) (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   Taking a break from the hobby.Everything goes. (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1290437)

clkwrk 01/10/2008 01:20 AM

Taking a break from the hobby.Everything goes.

Hey folks I know its been sometime and most have wondered what has become of me and my tanks. Well long story short I have had some serious downs with the tanks and lots of family stuff including a few deaths which hasn't helped. So after lots of long hard debate I have decided to take a break from the hobby after 6 years and liquidate everything I have. I am only 30 so I still have lots of time to find my way back into the hobby which I am confident I will just now is not the time and I don't want to store what I have .

First to go will be corals, live rock,clams and fish. Equipment will be after all live goods are gone. The more you buy the better deal I will cut .

Most importantly is I need to find a very good home for a pair of maroon clowns a 9 year old female and a 2 year old male plus their host . A very large anemone. 24" diameter easy largest captive anemone I have seen besides at huge aquariums like Shed ect. . Needs a 2ft wide tank .Also need lots of light 250mh at least and moderate to low flow . If I know you its all good .If I don't then you will have to let me know how long you have been in the hobby and all the good info about your tank plus have someone I know vouch for you . $300obo

Another fish that needs to go to a well kept home is my 5" PBT I have had this guy for 6 years .He has delt with ick and kicked it natually a few times since I have had him anyways he is ick free as of now . I love him to death . He his well mannered very nice blue (cream of the crop). Considering he is basically tank raised or well adjusted to captive life. Lives in a 180g $100 obo

Next is my Vlamingii Tang I raised him from 50cent size and he is now 8+ inches. Anyways he is very friendly eats from the hand and just a plain good citizen. Loves to stare at you :lol: $100 obo

Medium/large Male madirian. Does not eat anything but live food . Lives in my 180 with 200+lbs of live rock and is very fat and healthy. $20

Black cap basset large. This guy is big and hard to catch. Very rich color. $40

Pair of PJ cardinals. $20

lubbucks wrasse $20

1 small female perc tank raised ora $15

-----------------------------------------------------
LIVE ROCK
$3 lb and I have alot 400lbs or so . Over the 6 years in this hobby I have collected alot of very nice rock some I have paid up to $9 a pound, everything from huge show pieces, tonga, tonga branch,tonga deep water, bali ;marshall islands, kaline , figi ect. This is all well established rock with an abundance of life .

First round of equipment .

Tunze wavebox Like new Yes Like new . I just recently bought a new updated pump as the orginal died. I guess it was a know issue on ealier wavebox but corrected with the newer pump. Also the impellor is brand new also . So the controller and housing are the only things not new. Asking $425

Large dual chamber calcium reactor filled with fresh ARM media. Ran my fully stock 180g sps with no problems . Comes with nice 5lb aluminum co2 bottle but no regulator as it fried in an undertank water hose break. $275

Americale 600gph hang on the back overflow with new brand new U tube $35

Martini Low range phosphate Colorimeter. $135 has lots of test left.

Ati Bubble master 150 skimmer seen very little use $300

Tropic marin Pro coral elements A and K almost full very little used Paid 32 a bottle sell both for $40

I will add corals later......... If any prop member is read please contact me as I want to make some coral donations. As I feel bad for the death of prop corals that were in my care.

Thx Chris

Jayreefer 01/10/2008 01:29 AM

Sorry to here that Chris. I was about to get out myself due to my job, but I decided to get out of the job instead. You have had some very nice stuff over the years. I thank you now for the coarls that I have gotten from you, sometimes through trading with others that have traded with you, and all that you have done for FRAG. Good Luck.

hyrumbradshaw 01/10/2008 02:00 AM

Sorry to hear about your decision. As you are getting out for the time being and I am gettin into it, I could use some live rock. I am looking for softball size pieces, nothing HUGE.

Also might be interested in corals that would work with PC lights.

clkwrk 01/10/2008 02:16 AM

I have you covered. I have plenty of rock of all shapes and sizes . I also have plenty of corals that will do fine under pcs .

My tanks are pest free and have not seen any new introductions in atleast 9months. I have no SPS just softies and lps.

scorpiocasper 01/10/2008 02:28 AM

May be interested in the pajamas if they will play nice with a bang. card.??
May be interested in softie and lps...

Sorry to hear you are going a different direction. Good luck! :)

clkwrk 01/10/2008 02:31 AM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11564414#post11564414 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jayreefer [/i]
[B]Sorry to here that Chris. I was about to get out myself due to my job, but I decided to get out of the job instead. You have had some very nice stuff over the years. I thank you now for the coarls that I have gotten from you, sometimes through trading with others that have traded with you, and all that you have done for FRAG. Good Luck. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks its been a pleasure ......glad some of my corals were able to make it around. I will miss the great group of people we have here.

JMCAquarium 01/10/2008 02:52 AM

If and when you get around to dealing with the Zoa's and shrooms I'll be waiting.
1 small female perc tank raised ora $15 ---PICS ?

sorry for your losses and hope you bounce back

clkwrk 01/10/2008 03:04 AM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11564593#post11564593 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by scorpiocasper [/i]
[B]May be interested in the pajamas if they will play nice with a bang. card.??
May be interested in softie and lps...

Sorry to hear you are going a different direction. Good luck! :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks ! Not sure how they would get along not knowing tank size. Anyways they are shy and come out at night and stay by the rockwork . Fliger might beable to say as they came from his large tank sometime back.

As for softies/lps I will have a list up with pics tomorrow.

clkwrk 01/10/2008 03:06 AM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11564669#post11564669 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JMCAquarium [/i]
[B]If and when you get around to dealing with the Zoa's and shrooms I'll be waiting.
1 small female perc tank raised ora $15 ---PICS ?

sorry for your losses and hope you bounce back [/B][/QUOTE]

Pics tomorrow.

Fliger 01/10/2008 03:17 AM

Good luck Chris. You're right man, get back into the hobby when you have more time and do I'm sure your next tank will be incredible. Thanks for being a friend man, you know how to get me anytime.

clkwrk 01/10/2008 03:19 AM

Here is a start to the equipment list . Equipment will not be available until all livestock is gone. Unless listed above.

180g Blue background ,center overflow acrylic tank . Manufacutred by Mike Reber at Acrylic Creations.Tank sits on a custom soild maple stand . All info can be found in my 180g sps tank thread. Pictures start a few post down .
[url]http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=783025&perpage=25&pagenumber=3[/url]
I am asking $1350 obo for tank, Stand and canopy.

here is a front pic. Stand is bigger than the tank.By that I mean wider so it could house more under it and behind it . [url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/o2manytnks/180/180-stand-trim.jpg[/url]

H&S A200-1260 external skimmer Great condition $900

80g custom Sump with mutiple chambers. For use with external or internal return pumps $300

JBJ 1/3rd hp chiller just over a year old bought from ATR $650

15x15 1/2 acrylic cube tank top rear corner drilled for 1" bulkhead. $75

Milwaukee sm122 ph controller $65

Tunze 6200 with mag $375

tunze 7095 multiconroller $210

2x Tunze 6100 with magnets $280 each

Sander 50mg hr ozone unit $65

tunze 6000 $210

more tomorrow night.

badfish 01/10/2008 08:23 AM

Chris, I am shocked about the news. But change is a good thing. Even if it doesnt seem like it at first.
As far as equipment I am looking to buy a 250w ballast, and a reflector. If you have any smaller powerheads such as tunze nanostreams i would be interested. I am also looking for a return pump like a Eheim 1262.

CCall 01/10/2008 09:04 AM

PM sent. Sorry to hear that your leaving for a while.

vanillagorila 01/10/2008 09:57 AM

pm sent

SHARKBAITNC 01/10/2008 09:59 AM

Sorry to see you go but I think we all know you will be back.

Nick

soni 01/10/2008 10:45 AM

Chris. Sorry to see you go. If you want to keep the tangs together I have plenty of room in my 300. I'd also be interested in the chiller. Pm me a Price for all 3 and we can talk

vanmle 01/10/2008 12:07 PM

I am sorry to hear about you leaving the hobby. I have always enjoyed looking at your beautiful tanks.

And I am still using a tank I got from you.

evolust 01/10/2008 12:24 PM

Good Luck to you!

widefx 01/10/2008 08:33 PM

Sorry to see you go and good luck with your sale

Bump!

dvlax40 01/10/2008 09:45 PM

dibs on ozone unit :)

clkwrk 01/10/2008 09:55 PM

Thanks everyone ! Its has been a pleasure being part of our reef community and I will miss the time I am away. But I will make a return and when I do you all will be first to know.

clkwrk 01/10/2008 09:56 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11571036#post11571036 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dvlax40 [/i]
[B]dibs on ozone unit :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Okay

Philwd 01/10/2008 10:48 PM

Hey Chris. Sorry to see you go. Your tanks were always an inspiration. Good luck.

If you still have the Phoenix Suns palys I'd like those.

clkwrk 01/10/2008 11:05 PM

Re: Taking a break from the hobby.Everything goes.

UPDATED

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11564381#post11564381 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by clkwrk [/i]
[B]

Most importantly is I need to find a very good home for a pair of maroon clowns a 9 year old female and a 2 year old male plus their host . A very large anemone. 24" diameter easy largest captive anemone I have seen besides at huge aquariums like Shed ect. . Needs a 2ft wide tank .Also need lots of light 250mh at least and moderate to low flow . If I know you its all good .If I don't then you will have to let me know how long you have been in the hobby and all the good info about your tank plus have someone I know vouch for you . $300obo

Another fish that needs to go to a well kept home is my 5" PBT I have had this guy for 6 years .He has delt with ick and kicked it natually a few times since I have had him anyways he is ick free as of now . I love him to death . He his well mannered very nice blue (cream of the crop). Considering he is basically tank raised or well adjusted to captive life. Lives in a 180g $100 obo

Next is my Vlamingii Tang I raised him from 50cent size and he is now 8+ inches. Anyways he is very friendly eats from the hand and just a plain good citizen. Loves to stare at you :lol: $100 obo

Medium/large Male madirian. Does not eat anything but live food . Lives in my 180 with 200+lbs of live rock and is very fat and healthy. $20 baiabum

Black cap basset large. This guy is big and hard to catch. Very rich color. $40 jraducha

Pair of PJ cardinals. $20 mr. dt

lubbucks wrasse $20- mr dt

1 small female perc tank raised ora $15

-----------------------------------------------------
LIVE ROCK
$3 lb and I have alot 400lbs or so . Over the 6 years in this hobby I have collected alot of very nice rock some I have paid up to $9 a pound, everything from huge show pieces, tonga, tonga branch,tonga deep water, bali ;marshall islands, kaline , figi ect. This is all well established rock with an abundance of life .

First round of equipment .

Tunze wavebox Like new Yes Like new . I just recently bought a new updated pump as the orginal died. I guess it was a know issue on ealier wavebox but corrected with the newer pump. Also the impellor is brand new also . So the controller and housing are the only things not new. Asking $425

Large dual chamber calcium reactor filled with fresh ARM media. Ran my fully stock 180g sps with no problems . Comes with nice 5lb aluminum co2 bottle but no regulator as it fried in an undertank water hose break. $275

Americale 600gph hang on the back overflow with new brand new U tube $35

Martini Low range phosphate Colorimeter. $135 has lots of test left.

Ati Bubble master 150 skimmer seen very little use $300

Tropic marin Pro coral elements A and K almost full very little used Paid 32 a bottle sell both for $40

180g Blue background ,center overflow acrylic tank . Manufacutred by Mike Reber at Acrylic Creations.Tank sits on a custom soild maple stand . All info can be found in my 180g sps tank thread. Pictures start a few post down .
[url]http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/s...25&pagenumber=3[/url]
I am asking $1350 obo for tank, Stand and canopy.

here is a front pic. Stand is bigger than the tank.By that I mean wider so it could house more under it and behind it . [url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...-stand-trim.jpg[/url]

H&S A200-1260 external skimmer Great condition $900

80g custom Sump with mutiple chambers. For use with external or internal return pumps $300

JBJ 1/3rd hp chiller just over a year old bought from ATR $650

15x15 1/2 acrylic cube tank top rear corner drilled for 1" bulkhead. $75

Milwaukee sm122 ph controller $65

Tunze 6200 with mag $375

tunze 7095 multiconroller $210

2x Tunze 6100 with magnets $280 each

Sander 50mg hr ozone unit $65 dvlax40

tunze 6000 $210

[/B][/QUOTE]

If your name is next to an item you have dibs. We will work out payment and pickup soon.

clkwrk 01/10/2008 11:24 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11565198#post11565198 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by badfish [/i]
[B]Chris, I am shocked about the news. But change is a good thing. Even if it doesnt seem like it at first.
As far as equipment I am looking to buy a 250w ballast, and a reflector. If you have any smaller powerheads such as tunze nanostreams i would be interested. I am also looking for a return pump like a Eheim 1262. [/B][/QUOTE]

I do have a 250 electronic icecap ballast , mogul and spider reflector that was used over my frag tank. Less than a year old and used for 7hr photoperiods