Reef Central Online Community Archives

Reef Central Online Community Archives (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG) (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   West Side Frag Meeting (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1282485)

JMCAquarium 12/30/2007 11:47 PM

West Side Frag Meeting

Hi everyone,
After spending the better part of Saturday searching for a place to hold the west side FRAG Meetings, I do believe I have found the place. Oggi's Pizza & Brewing Co. 6681 W. Beardsley Road. Located just off of the 67th Ave exit off the 101. This location is easily accessible; it is in the shopping plaza just South of Beardsley Rd. off of the 67th ave exit of the 101.

The meeting has been scheduled for Saturday January 12, 2008 2:00 pm. The location manager is willing to accommodate up to 50 people. They have a large menu and full bar and a family friendly atmosphere. Once we meet there, if all are in agreement we can continue to do so, or there were a few other places we can try.

Anyone interested in attending please indicate so in this post. Mr. Bajabum has offered to speak; he would like to have some suggestions for a topic. Don’t forget to (list) & bring a frag to swap and suggestions to help make the west side meetings thrive.

Thank you
JMC

jasonh 12/30/2007 11:52 PM

That is a fairly reasonable location, even for an almost-eastsider like me (40th st & camelback). I will be there.

I'll post as the time nears if I'll have a frag up for trade.

JMCAquarium 12/31/2007 12:22 AM

JMC & Aunte

Kenya Tree frags (7) free for newbs let me know
Pulsing Zenia frag (1) small
Green Elk horn frag (1) available $5.00
Two headed frag of thick lip paly's (1)

Topics: Sand biology, Protein skimmers and thier use and purpose, Types of coarls and how to care for them.

jerryz 12/31/2007 12:29 AM

How about Jan 19th? the PROP date is not a FRAG function this coming year ;)

JMCAquarium 12/31/2007 12:35 AM

Jerryz,
The prop auction will be a fun time for all and by hosting a west side meeting on the same day would not benefit anyone. The key is to keep things moving and try to keep a connection between the east and west side, yet add a convient location for those that can not do the travel required to meet on the east side.

JMC...

OwenInAZ 12/31/2007 12:41 AM

I think he's at least partly joking. That's generally how the ";)" i used. ;)

JeffKirk 12/31/2007 01:24 AM

If I don't get sent out of town (should'nt January is going to be slow this year) I'll be there.

I really enjoyed Baha's talk last time I was able to attend.

I'll pull off a head of Frogspawn and get it mounted for the meeting.
Will also bring some Xenia too.

chiahead 12/31/2007 01:45 AM

I will be there although I a newbie so I dont have anything to bring for trade

JMCAquarium 12/31/2007 01:53 AM

Those attending:

JMCAquarium & Aunte ---Kenya Tree frags (7) free for newbs

Bajabum

JeffKirk (maybe)------I'll pull off a head of Frogspawn and get it mounted for the meeting. Will also bring some Xenia too.

chiahead

jasonh 12/31/2007 09:22 AM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11488999#post11488999 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JMCAquarium [/i]
[B]Those attending:

Bajabum

JeffKirk (maybe)------I'll pull off a head of Frogspawn and get it mounted for the meeting. Will also bring some Xenia too.

chiahead [/B][/QUOTE]

You forgot me :)

bajabum 12/31/2007 10:24 AM

Those attending:

Bajabum: I will bring frags & reefstew. Good topic; What is important, can go anywhere with that.

chiahead
jasonh

Chorethorious 12/31/2007 10:29 AM

I'd love to attend, but I work every Saturday. Are you planning all the meets on this day, or alternating?

jasonh 12/31/2007 10:31 AM

Baja, if you could put me down for some stew, I'd certainly appreciate it :)

kgouso 12/31/2007 10:45 AM

I will be there, but I am of course lacking on a frag to trade....(that Newb thing ya know)

Topic suggestions for Bajabumb....(from a newb perspective)

To Do & NOT To Do Fragging Techniques
Coral Groups and Identifiers (and potentail dangers to Fish and/or other corals)

JMCAquarium 12/31/2007 11:25 AM

Those attending:

Bajabum: I will bring frags & reefstew. Good topic; What is important, can go anywhere with that.

chiahead

jasonh--Sorry jasonh wasnt intentional it was late :)

kgouso----I will be there, but I am of course lacking on a frag to trade....(that Newb thing ya know)
Coral Groups and Identifiers (and potentail dangers to Fish and/or other corals)

Goon 12/31/2007 12:15 PM

I'll be there. Dont have anything to trade (except maby some cash), still getting things going. but would definately be up for a meeting and the location sounds good.

-- Goon

Y-DesygnGuy 12/31/2007 12:53 PM

I'll be there for sure, I am not sure about bringing frags though. My tanks are still pretty new and growing, but I will have lots of $$$$ to spend!

JMCAquarium 12/31/2007 01:04 PM

Those attending:

chiahead

jasonh--Sorry jasonh wasnt intentional it was late

kgouso----I will be there, but I am of course lacking on a frag to trade....(that Newb thing ya know)

Goon---Dont have anything to trade (except maby some cash), still getting things going.

Y-DesygnGuy---I'll be there for sure, I am not sure about bringing frags though. My tanks are still pretty new and growing, but I will have lots of $$$$ to spend!

osprey3883 12/31/2007 01:53 PM

Hello,
I will be there too. Nothing to trade. (yet)

I am definitely interested in a couple of bags of reef stew though. :)

Matt

Bowshock 12/31/2007 04:09 PM

Hi there!!

I'll try and make it. I don't have anything to frag...too much of a noob.

JMCAquarium 12/31/2007 04:21 PM

Those attending:

chiahead

Goon---Dont have anything to trade (except maby some cash), still getting things going.

Y-DesygnGuy---I'll be there for sure, I am not sure about bringing frags though. My tanks are still pretty new and growing, but I will have lots of $$$$ to spend!

osprey3883---I will be there too. Nothing to trade. (yet)

Bowshock---I'll try and make it. I don't have anything to frag...too much of a noob

Y-DesygnGuy 12/31/2007 04:25 PM

I would love to get 2 bags of reef stew as well please!

Thanks!

badfish 12/31/2007 05:44 PM

Those attending:

chiahead

osprey3883---I will be there too. Nothing to trade. (yet)

Bowshock---I'll try and make it. I don't have anything to frag...too much of a noob

Badfish

JMCAquarium 12/31/2007 07:47 PM

Those attending:

JMCAquarium & Aunte ---Kenya Tree frags (7) Free for newbs
Pulsing Zenia frag (1) Free for newb
Green Elk horn frag (2) $5.00
Two headed frag of thick lip paly's (1) $5.00
Topics: Sand biology, Protein skimmers and thier use and purpose, Types of coarls and how to care for them.

Bajabum: Multiple frags & reefstew.
Topic: What is important, can go anywhere with that.

JeffKirk (maybe)------Frogspawn if mounted in time for meeting $ ?
Xenia $ ?

Chiahead --To new, no frags

Jasonh--
Sorry Jasonh wasnt intentional it was late

kgouso----To new, To Frag ....(that Newb thing ya know)
Topic: Coral Groups and Identifiers (and potentail dangers to Fish and/or other corals)

Goon--- To new, To Frag But has $$$

Y-DesygnGuy---To new, To Frag But has $$$

osprey3883---To new, To Frag

Bowshock---To New, To Frag

Badfish---

badfish 12/31/2007 07:55 PM

Those attending:

JMCAquarium & Aunte ---Kenya Tree frags (7) Free for newbs
Pulsing Zenia frag (1) Free for newb
Green Elk horn frag (2) $5.00
Two headed frag of thick lip paly's (1) $5.00

Bajabum: Multiple frags & reefstew.
Topic: What is important, can go anywhere with that.

JeffKirk (maybe)------Frogspawn if mounted in time for meeting $ ?
Xenia $ ?

Chiahead --To new, no frags

Jasonh--
Sorry Jasonh wasnt intentional it was late

kgouso----To new, To Frag ....(that Newb thing ya know)
Topic: Coral Groups and Identifiers (and potentail dangers to Fish and/or other corals)

Goon--- To new, To Frag But has $$$

Y-DesygnGuy---To new, To Frag But has $$$

osprey3883---To new, To Frag

Bowshock---To New, To Frag

Badfish--- Free kenya tree to who ever wants it.