PDA

View Full Version : Eco Aqualizer

vidrine7322
12/18/2006, 05:28 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone here used or uses this thing. Someone has been raving about them on another forum and presonally it sounds like a hoax to me. Tell me what you think

the site is www.ecoaqualizer.com

Fishbulb2
12/18/2006, 05:29 PM
sounds suspicious. I don't know anyone who's tried one though. I don't think I will.

James77
12/18/2006, 05:34 PM
its a plastic tube with magnets taped to the side-

Henry Bowman
12/18/2006, 09:40 PM
Junk !

McCrary
12/18/2006, 09:52 PM
That thing is an absolute piece of junk, stay away.

vidrine7322
12/18/2006, 10:40 PM
how do you figure it's junk? Im not defending it, just curious to know why you think it is junk.

Fishbulb2
12/18/2006, 11:02 PM
I think the problem with it is that there is no scientific evidence that it works at all. The science and logic of skimming are straight foward. Ozone has also been used in many applications and can be measured as well as it's effects. Same goes with almost every other piece of equipment. This thing however, I think there is just no scientific proof or evidence that it works at all. I think if filtration was this easy, every industry would jump on it in a minute.
FB

RichConley
12/18/2006, 11:02 PM
its a bunch of magnets electrical taped to a piece of 1" pvc, then covered in a heatshrink label.

someone cut one up a while ago

XtrmCHoPZ
12/19/2006, 02:52 PM
I have one sitting in the garage collecting dust......hence....they stink! Im convinced they do absolutely nothing! I cant believe the company that markets them makes so many BS claims!! They say it increases your filtration by something like 300%!!! Crap

So......if you add one to your setup with a deltec skimmer it will in theory make your deltec pull out 3x as much skimmate!!!! Hahahah thats a load of s%$t!!! Dont waste ur money!!!!

reefkeeper1
12/19/2006, 03:02 PM
The Eco-Aqualizer is about as effective as Austin Powers' enlarger pump. Actually, I think an enlarger pump would be a better purchase because at least there's a chance you would get some satisfaction out of it.

On the other hand, if the Eco-Aqualizer doesn't work, you could probably make a bunch of magnetic wrist bands (http://www.acemagnetics.com/spga.html) and increase your health and golf score.

JAWS74
12/19/2006, 03:03 PM
You scientifically cannot prove the claims that they make and it would be hard to prove that it improves water quality considering all that goes on in there. Besides try it, but keep the receipt the company claims 100% satisfaction or your money back. I think that it is 100% psychological for the testimonials. It's like taking a placebo.

reefkeeper1
12/19/2006, 03:12 PM
Wow, that's a really cool gif on their site:

http://www.ecoaqualizer.com/Flash-Mole.gif

It reminds me of a level on Assault Heroes.

Maybe I should take another look at the benefits of the Eco-Aqualizer.

Ah64av8tor
12/19/2006, 03:30 PM
It claims to increase the DOC of the water, that should not be to hard to disprove.

I think you could hang pics of the kids on the fridge with it if it does not work.

AZDesertRat
12/19/2006, 05:59 PM
They also claim it increases the gas mileage of your car and makes your swimming pool water not need chlorine among other things.
Its pure snake oil and nothing else.

tgreene
12/19/2006, 06:19 PM
I actually tried one several years ago when they first came out, and left in in place for 5 and a half months, but in order to properly test it's effectiveness, I slowly removed other elements of filtration throughout that time. My system went to $h*t!

When I removed it to send it back for the "180-day money back guarantee", I was given a complete run-around and told that I simply didn't allow enough time for it to work, and then the guy launched into how all of these stores, public aquariums and zoos are now using them, blah, blah, blah... I told him that's just fine, but if I go any longer, that I'm screwed, because it's absolute junk and I want my money back, INCLUDING SHIPPING, because it was now going to take me more time and money to correct my tank due to their bull$h*t product. I did get a full refund including shipping, but only because I bough this from his distributor on the east coast, not the ECO charlatan himself.

To the OP: Tell "Aquascaper" to get a full refund on this POS, go to Radio-Shack and buy a bulk tape eraser ($20 electro-magnet), then duct-tape it to his skimmer... It would work a 1000x better! :D

-Tim

RandyStacyE
12/19/2006, 06:36 PM
I asked the same question years ago ... someone told me to set a pyramid on top of my tank ... it will do the same thing :) or a crystal, or beads etc…

tgreene
12/19/2006, 06:41 PM
Yes Randy, but have you tried a pyramid made out of crystal beads..?

RandyStacyE
12/19/2006, 06:53 PM
I forgot to put my crystal bead pyramid up there this week ... I was told to do 1-week on and 1-week off for best results. You don't want to put your system into shock using such powerful vibes.

tgreene
12/19/2006, 06:57 PM
Acclimation is the key..........................................

AZDesertRat
12/19/2006, 06:59 PM
You have to hum and chant if you want it to work correctly, plus if I remember correctly the planets have to be aligned too!

Racso
02/06/2007, 03:16 PM
GEEZ YOU PEOPLE ARE JERKS! Oh look a new product! Lets insult it! I remember when anyone could make a completly worthless peice of crap that does absolutly nothing, and market it as WOW and AMAZING and rip people off and not get harassed! Now with "fusion technology" we have to spend millions of dollars to develop a razor that has 5 blades on it and vibrates, but does the same exact thing as that $3 one over there!!! Its not like we're trying to find a cure for cancer or anything, and there is certainly no one on earth that is starving for food and no country on earth that has less income than what it took to "research and develop" this worthless crap.

Can't we just go back to the good old days when people were uneducated and anyone could sell anything to anyone for any purpose?

;)

tgreene
02/06/2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted</a> by Racso

Now with "fusion technology" we have to spend millions of dollars to develop a razor that has 5 blades on it and vibrates, but does the same exact thing as that $3 one over there!!! I'll have you know, the new Fusion razor kicks azz, and I've stopped using my $120 Norelco because of it... Hell, I didn't even get the vibrating one, but your post sure makes me want to! :D

GSMguy
02/06/2007, 03:24 PM
its not a new product Rasco its been around for a while

nyvp
02/06/2007, 03:50 PM
it looks like finger cuffs to me

Covey
02/06/2007, 04:10 PM
Here the link to the breakdown of this piece of junk just in case some thought every was making it up.
http://web.archive.org/web/20060501054819/www.inlandreef.com/Testing/EcoPhotos.html

If anyone still wants to buy one I'll DIY one for you for a mere $40 :lol:

AZDesertRat
02/06/2007, 06:28 PM
JC Whitney sold this very thing in their automotive catalogs over 30 years ago to improve your gas mileage and pool equipment people have been selling it to reduce or eliminate chlorine use also for many many years. Its been around at least since the 1970s.