PDA

View Full Version : Panda goby

jbleacher
12/18/2006, 02:53 PM
Any information regarding the temperment and/or suitable tankmates for a Panda Goby?Panda Coral Goby?

I'd very much like to add oe to my 40 gallon @ the office already containing a 4-line wrasse, Pajama Cardinal(don't make fun), numerous shrimp, arrow crab, and other usual suspects...

Thanks for the info...

turbonegro
01/03/2007, 09:40 PM
I'm also intrested! Why would we make fun of a Pajama Cardinal?

jbleacher
01/04/2007, 12:09 PM
1 of my friends really makes me feel like a silly little goon when he sees my cardinal. He is such a jerk.

Lev F.
01/04/2007, 01:05 PM
Pajama Cardinal, AHHAHAHAAHABHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!

I'm just Kidding. I love the little guys. Under appreciated fish IMO. I think the Arrow Crab might eat the Goby. They aren't very nice to small tankmates.

Fanof49ASU
01/04/2007, 01:07 PM
I don't have a Pajama Cardinal yet, but I plan on it in the future.

jbleacher
01/04/2007, 01:48 PM
Actually my Pajama Cardinal cruises around the tank right along with my 4-line. He doesn't hide much as I've heard. Very Active.

Hormigaquatica
01/04/2007, 01:54 PM
lol.. there is nothing wrong with a cardinal, even a goofy looking one like a PJ ;)

Your fish should get along well with a Panda Goby, but I would be concerned with the Arrow Crab picking at him.. they can be kind of aggressive. One thing to keep in mind is that Pandas are often pretty secretive, so you wont likely see much of him once he finds your rockwork, but if you dont mind having a fish that just makes ocassional 'guest appearances' then go for it- theyre cool little fish.

jbleacher
01/04/2007, 04:21 PM
I figured as much. that a Panda would behave as a Clown Goby would. Perch or hide for considerable amounts of time.
The Panda goby was hard to research.

Does anyone have an idea of what the best reference book would be for SW fish? Like a field guide or something that covers all known SW fish? Our LFS's in PA leave a lot to be desired.

Lev F.
01/04/2007, 04:31 PM
The PocketExpert Guide to Marine Fishes by Scott Michael is a great reference, but not all known SW fish. The reef fishes Series, also by Scott Michael, is going to cover all fish likely to be seen in captivity, but it's not complete yet, there are 2 more books to go.

jbleacher
01/04/2007, 04:53 PM
Excellet, thanks