PDA

View Full Version : New Pair of T. Perculas

Amazon4
12/18/2006, 01:32 PM
A few days ago I added a pair of very young T. perculas to my 14g biocube. One is a little bigger than the other. I presume this will become the female.(?)

I , of course, watch them a lot. I've noticed that they stick very close to each other and rub against each other, etc. Not much in the way of chasing, and no nipping observed. Occassionally, the samller one will swim next to the larger one and shake briefly. Is this a good sign that these will become a "mated pair"?

I'm psyched to finally have clown fish in my tank...
:D

TIA

illcssd
12/18/2006, 01:39 PM
read the clownfish faq, all youranswers should be answered in there...

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=215098

Amazon4
12/18/2006, 01:50 PM
Thanks, I did read that thread/sticky. But I sometimes find that peoples experiences may differ from the "norm".

If these clowns read the FAQ's, they'd know they're engaged :p

I just didn't want to get MY hopes up if it was really too early to tell.

Thanks!

anemone123
12/18/2006, 02:21 PM
I have several mated pairs of clownfish. I also have several other pair that live together and have not spawned. It sounds to me like you have a good pair. They may or may not spawn however. It will be due to stress level, diet, fighting with tankmates, and a lot of time. My suggestion is to just enjoy the percula's and maybe some day they will spawn. All of my spawning pairs took at least a year from when I purchased them and the ones I raised from juveniles took two to three years.

Amazon4
12/18/2006, 02:56 PM
Thanks anemone123

That's what I was wondering. As long as they get a long I'm happy. It'll just be a bonus if they eventually spawn.