PDA

View Full Version : Christmas gift suggestions?

Kmick97
12/17/2006, 09:38 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions of what I could buy my boyfriend for his aquarium for Christmas? He has all the things he NEEDS but what is something that he would like and may not have?

Also, I want to get him a few corals where is a good place to order online? I want something different then what he can get at our local aquarium store, I'm not completely sure what EXACTLY so any tips for that would also be nice :)

reefinmike
12/17/2006, 10:31 AM
can you give us some info on his tank... size, lighting, filtration, skimmer, other goodies?

Hop
12/17/2006, 12:28 PM
Might I suggest a nice gift card:) If you are looking into corals, try Dr. Foster and Smith, I think their gift cards are good for liveaquaria, but check to make sure. Just buying livestock for anyones tank is a bad idea 99% of the time:) There are too many variables that only the tank owner knows.

Good Luck!

Craig Lambert
12/17/2006, 12:49 PM
The Reef Aquarium: Science, Art, and Technology, Vol. 3
by Julian Sprung, J. Charles Delbeek

http://www.amazon.com/Reef-Aquarium-Science-Technology-Vol/dp/1883693144/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b/002-7833643-8687211

This is probably the finest book on reef aquaria available today. It is packed with information which is very current. Volume 3 was released last December. Read the reviews....especially the one written by Anthony Calfo who is published on the same subject matter.

davocean
12/17/2006, 02:17 PM
Neg on livestock.
I had a GF "surprise" me with a cowfish once.
I knew better, but she liked it so much and I didn't want to hurt her feelings.
That thing ate 3 clams, 1 gorgonian and a bunch of other stuff.
Get specs on his tank, lighting, filt.
That will decide what he can keep.

Chappy
12/17/2006, 07:04 PM
****************** .... they just added a gift certificate to their site. I asked them to do this before my birthday in November. At least they got it done before Christmas. I have orederd a few times from them. Great corals and packaging. They also update their pics daily with their new corals.

I'm telling anyone in my family to go there if they want to buy me something.

Chappy
12/17/2006, 07:06 PM
hmmm...it didn't show the web address

extremecorals dot com