PDA

View Full Version : What do you want for Christmas?

TAMike97
12/14/2006, 09:16 PM
My girlfriend wants to know what I want for christmas lol...
I responded..
You mean other than 250 W MH ballasts, Zoas, Ehiem pump, SPS frags....
She said: "Dont you need any clothes?"
I said: No I would rather you spend the money on something I really need.

Has anyone had this conversation or am I the only one? lol

BlueCoast
12/14/2006, 09:33 PM
LOL, mine was close but a bit different.

i responded stuff for the tank....

she said - I am scared to death to buy anything for your tank... Even after i said i would write down the name of it ..... I think i settled for a new dremel instead(all this DIY'ing has sent the old one to the big tool chest in the sky) time will tell.

still chuckling at "something i really need"

mflamb
12/14/2006, 09:34 PM
As you grow older, you have that conversation only in your mind. What comes out of your mouth is more like, "I don't know honey...what would like to get me?" And she says, "I was thinking about getting you __________." And you say, "That's exactly what I was thinking."

DaddyJax
12/14/2006, 09:44 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8754402#post8754402 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mflamb
As you grow older, you have that conversation only in your mind. What comes out of your mouth is more like, "I don't know honey...what would like to get me?" And she says, "I was thinking about getting you __________." And you say, "That's exactly what I was thinking." :thumbsup:
You are wise Obi Wan!!

mflamb
12/14/2006, 09:50 PM
Hahaha...I've practiced all the wrong answers for years before I stumbled onto this one!!!

playa0069u
12/14/2006, 09:53 PM
lol I told lol I told my girlfriend I wanted a solaris led light, lol and I told her it wasn't that expesive. She looked it up and got P!55ed lol

LauraCline
12/14/2006, 11:14 PM
As you grow older, you have that conversation only in your mind. What comes out of your mouth is more like, "I don't know honey...what would like to get me?" And she says, "I was thinking about getting you __________." And you say, "That's exactly what I was thinking."

ROFL. I wish somebody would explain this to my husband. When I asked I got quite a detailed list of video games, electronics, etc.. Not one thing on the list was something he actually needed. On the other hand, I asked for some things for my tanks and his reply was "huh.......so a gift certificate to the fish store?"

playa0069u
12/14/2006, 11:20 PM
wow it so backwards here lol my girlfriend cant stand the tanks, yet she wants one lol

Nray203
12/15/2006, 08:52 AM
So, I'm scared to buy him corals....
But, would a refractor, lux meter, PH pen be too practical?

Also, if I don't know a lot about them, but want to buy online, should I buy from DrFoster&Smith?

mflamb
12/15/2006, 10:51 AM
DrFoster&Smith have a good reputation. Just call in your order and make sure they have it in stock. All those items would be deemed cool by most reefers, and definitely if he is a teky reefer.
Mike