PDA

View Full Version : Guess I am getting out of reef keeping

FLricordia
12/10/2006, 08:42 PM
Seems there are some situations that have come up with a family member's health and I have been thinking it best for me to get out of the reef keeping for a time. Cash flow has gone sour and tiem for the tank is going to become poor in the next few weeks.
I don't want to hassel with ebay or shipping so I thought I would try here with the members to see if anyone wants anything.
I would really like to sell everything together-livestock, I am going to keep the tank and equipment as I know I will get another going some day-the livestock includes 30# LR, mostly Fiji, LS-about 20#, many mushrooms, ricordias and zoanthids plus a cherub angel, tiger pistol shrimp and 2 yellow watcham gobies and a couple of golden turbos and bunch of chaeto.
The tank is very healthy as can be seen from the pic. I really need to let it all go as one package @ about $450 which is much, much less than I have put into it. Instead of posting all the individual items it would probably be better if anyone is interested to come by and look at what there is. I live in Milton.
Most of you have seen the corals I have in other posts. I will check PM every day for the next week. Setting up to see it will probably have to be Sat or Sunday early, weekdays are out as I have to work all day then be at the hospital in the evening. Thanks

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/data/8473saletank-med.jpg

DrHank
12/10/2006, 09:42 PM
Mike I'm sorry to hear of your situation. I might be up for the rock depending on how much you want for it. I hope that you can sell it altogether. It would certainly make things easier. I've only got a couple of shrooms on my rock and they are holding their own but nothing more. Am still doing weekly 20% water changes to reduce nitrates. They are at about 10 now. My LPS and softies are doing well. Let me know what you want for the rock if you decide to sell seperately.

I'm sorry to hear that you have to get out of the hobby but I can certainly understand. Best wishes!

60Cubed
12/10/2006, 09:47 PM
doc, maybe you should pick up some xenia. xenia love nitrates. they soak them up.

IslandCrow
12/10/2006, 10:14 PM
Man, that sucks. You're really done an amazing job with the tank you have now. Hopefully whoever takes the livestock off your hands will do as well with it. Unfortunately, I simply wouldn't have the space in my tank for everything. For anyone who's thinking about buying the contents of FLricordia's tank, I've seen it first hand, and it's well worth the $450 he's asking. Some of his mushrooms and zoas are just spectacular. I especially liked those green mushrooms front center on the sand. The picture really doesn't do them justice.

DrHank
12/10/2006, 11:27 PM
Thanks Lance. That's a good idea. My wife would probably like them too. I'm leaning toward LPS and softies anyway.

I agree that $450 is a great price. The tank is spectacular!

60Cubed
12/10/2006, 11:45 PM
so just how long is james' computer going to be down? what happened to it? i'd be going through DT's without mine. that must be why he doesn't answer my pm's right now.

KADLETZ
12/11/2006, 12:23 AM
pm me if you want to sell to gulfarium!!!

discented
12/12/2006, 10:02 PM
Hey man, sorry to hear about the situation in the hobby and outside of the hobby. I hope everything goes as good as it could in this situation.

As far as your tank, let me know if you have a polyp of the tangerine ric I could buy from you. Best of luck and stop by from time to time.