PDA

View Full Version : My 14 Gallon BioCube

nfoster187
12/09/2006, 09:16 PM
I love looking at everyone's tank so i figured i would put mine up too. Current inhabitants: Yellow watchman goby, with paired pistol shrimp, and a firefish. I also have a toadstool leather, a hammer coral, and a red brain.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/nfoster187/DSC00743.jpg

saltycreefer
12/09/2006, 10:33 PM
How do you like the tank?

Canuck007
12/09/2006, 11:41 PM
i was thinking about getting this tank as well. do you like it? see anything that could be improved? i was thinking of adding more light, a stronger pump and a refugium. Do you have any pics of the chamber areas and under the hood? thanks!

nfoster187
12/10/2006, 12:14 AM
Yeah i will put some pics up tomorrow. I actually found a site that has a MH kit as well as a kit that adds one more powercompact. I have replaced the bioballs with live rock rubble, still trying to figure out what to do about the sponge. What pump do you think would be a good replacement pump? One thing that i have read a lot on is that people are cutting out part of the water transfer area from chamber 1 to 2 to increase the flow. I am also going to put on a hydor flo.

Overall i would say that I am happy with the tank. I was very impressed when i opened the box and saw how they had put the lights together. All in all it has been a stress free adventure so far!

Nick