PDA

View Full Version : sally lightfoot crab

cyclops23
12/09/2006, 05:17 PM
no questions here. i just wanted to say that i'm really glad i bought a sally lightfoot. i was really hesitant because of the horror stories i heard about them, but mine doesn't seem to bother anything. i think it may have got in a spitting match with my fire shrimp(couldn't have been a peppermint, noooo, it had to be the expensive one). unfortunately, the shrimp died. it was my favorite, too. it might not have been the crab, though. i found the crab and one of my peppermints in the overflow, which is pretty small, and they weren't bothering each other. it looked like they were eating off the bag of carbon i have in there. the crab is really colorful, and is out and about a lot, where i can see it. just wanted to say if you're thinking about getting one, do it, they're really cool.

cyclops23
12/09/2006, 05:19 PM
BTW, the crab is also fairly big, about 3 1/2 in. it also does a great job cleaning the sand and rocks.

reefnetworth
12/09/2006, 05:41 PM
i agree, i love mine "Sally" its a cleaning machine. i have a pepermint i got to devour some apstasia, which it did almost overnight. they get along fine the "pepy" (my daughter named both) was introduced 6 months before "Sally". mine recently molted and is more vibrant then ever. its about 4-4.5" across at the widest. have a great weekend cyclops23, and always REEF-ON!

John M. :smokin: :D