PDA

View Full Version : jbj nano cube questions

bryan812
12/09/2006, 05:02 PM
1) Ok to do mods on a 12g nano what would be some of the best to do.

2) Can the tank be drilled and ran down to a canister filter?

3) would this have any benifits?

I think that i will be getting the light mod from nanotuners. i will upgrade the dx to 3x24 maybe 4x24 depending on how much cash i have at the time.

4) Will i need a surface skimmer?

5) as far as changing the water pump from stock to a maxi-jet 900 how hard is this to do?

6) How would i go about sealing the cover that goes over the lights? i have hurd of a problym with water getting in there and rusting things out!

7)If i go with the lighting up grade you can get the increased air flow for 8 bucks more is this a good option.

8)which lights should i go with when i purchace the lights?

9) what is the easiest way to put a light over the 3 back chambers for miroalge?

10) Has anyone on here bought LR for drsfostersandsmith? I am thinking about buying one of there cases of LR and was wandering if it was worth it. here is a link to what im thinking about buying.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di....cfm?pCatId=876

How muck live rock can i put into a 12g nano cube. this is including the rock that i will break up to put into the back of the tank. it is a 30 lb box. i am figuring that this will be a bit too much. so i will probably have to sell some of it. it comes to about 5.40 a lb with shipping so the price isnt too bad.
what do you guys think?
I was figuring on putting about 18-20lbs in my tank...and a fue pounds in the back.

Buster4900
12/09/2006, 09:44 PM
I have only had my Nano Cube DX for a couple months. I would say surface skimmer is a must. More lighting would be nice depending what you plan to keep.

St-Craft
12/09/2006, 10:06 PM
Why, the nanocube don't have a surface skimmer when u buy this aquarium ?!

bryan812
12/09/2006, 11:00 PM
i dont think so... not sure.. any other help to my questions???? please

All Delight
12/10/2006, 02:27 AM
I thought all the newer nanocubes came with a surface skimmer. If it didn't I really recommmend one. I can really tell the difference. There are all kinds of threads where people mod their lights. Some get pretty crazy.

bryan812
12/10/2006, 06:38 PM
bump