PDA

View Full Version : Oceanic BC-29 skiimer

Smoke and Water
12/07/2006, 01:47 PM
Is anyone else running this setup? If so I am trying to find a skimmer that actually works with no mods and no hanging from tank. I have tried two different skimmers so far with no luck. I won't even talk about the Fission. I am in the process of removing the bio balls from the middle chamber now and should be able to use that area for a skimmer. I have about 25lbs of live rock in the tank and was planning on adding rubble where the bio balls where. Any help would be appreciated.

slumpysix
12/07/2006, 06:48 PM
I am using the sapphire skimmer built for the BC 29. You can see it here. http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=958885&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

Smoke and Water
12/07/2006, 09:00 PM
I looked into that one also. Is there any room left over for rubble in that chamber? How is it working so far if you don't have any lr rubble in the middle chamber? Thank you for the response.

slumpysix
12/08/2006, 12:24 AM
It's working great. You don't have to have lr in the chamber with the skimmer. I have about 30 lbs in the main tank. If there was no lr in the tank then I would have it maybe in chamber 1.

Smoke and Water
12/08/2006, 06:06 PM
Thank you for your input. I will be looking onto Sapphire, especially since they are near me in Houston area.