PDA

View Full Version : AGU's powerhead+ holder...

hahnmeister
12/06/2006, 02:01 AM
Hey Agu. Ive been using those brackets for years... heat forming acrylic to hold powerheads and things in place looked very familiar. There is another use though that I have found: you can make individual mounts for frags that just hang on the walls of the tank. A 1" wide strip of 1/8" acrylic can be bent to hang on the edge of the tank, and then the other end gets bent into just a simple 'L'. In that 'L' you drill a 1/2" hole for the plug to slide into, and ta-da!!!

They are very nice because they make useful space where there was previously none. And you can pluck out a frag without even putting your hands in the water. I was able to cram 30-some SPS frags into a 10g using this method.

The battery air pump cracked me up though... that looked very familiar!!! http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29093

Agu
12/09/2006, 09:53 PM
I never claimed it was original or new, it was just original to me ;) .

Good idea with the frag plug holder, any pics ?

hahnmeister
12/09/2006, 10:54 PM
I suppose I could take some. The last pics I had of them were at nano-reef.com years ago before they revamped their site and lost all of the pics. Ill take some pics tommorow and post.

AllenFord_SC
12/27/2006, 02:05 AM
Great Article Agu. Gives me some ideas for a frag tank I have in the works. Keep the ideas coming.