PDA

View Full Version : anemone in a 12gal

jdw
12/05/2006, 12:10 AM
I have a clown fish and was thinking of adding an anemone to host the clown, but have concerns since the tank is 12g and has corals. I have one other fish, a chromis. Also would you add gorganians

lessthanlights
12/05/2006, 03:22 AM
i had a sebae in a 7 gallon for a year until he outgrew it. my corals declined very fast when he got too big.

laverda
12/05/2006, 04:15 AM
I have anemones in small tanks no problem. They just get big and take over the tank.

jdw
12/05/2006, 06:42 PM
so basically get a small/med one and expect to trade it in a year or two when it gets to large!!!!

TriniReefer
12/05/2006, 07:24 PM
Well i got a curly que anenome.There nice,reef friendly(from my observations),cheap,and they eat lots of meaty foods.They will anything that has meat on it jus put it into its tentacles and watch it eat it.I know my lfs has a huge one in there refugium and they feed dead fish to it and w/e else that has meat on it.And that thing is the healthies thing ive ever seen.Its weird theyll go for the dead fish but not for the live ones:confused: .w/e.It depends on how much u feed these things to.If u feed them alot it looks like a bta sorta.

little x
12/05/2006, 10:14 PM
np get just a small 1 to start off with

Aliie
12/06/2006, 08:50 PM
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p125/photofreak_021/IMG_0917.jpg
It's kind of hard to see but its there to the right and up from the seahorse head. There are 2 of them, the other is smaller. I think you can find the gorgoian.(sp)
They have done well and I'll be moving them to the big tank soon.
I mainly used my nano for growing things for my big tank and trading out with the LFS if they have something new I want.

jdw
12/06/2006, 09:44 PM
nice tank pictures, what are the orange and pink corals in the center, are they hard to keep? The anemone in the center looks the perfect size.

Aliie
12/07/2006, 06:27 AM
The centerpiece that is orange & pink is a sleepy "Sun Pollup" I believe that is the name of it. If anyone can give him the proper name please feel free to do so.
I am one of the reefers that buys things based upon the looks or the coral not much else. When it is fully open, OMG, it is beautiful.
Not hard at all to care for and will eat what ever happens to fall near it when feeding the seahorses.
There is someone who has an open one for the avatar.....I'll see if I can locate them or an "blooming" one for you to see. They are a great centerpiece or color enhancement coral.

Spracklcat
12/07/2006, 09:27 AM
That sun coral is Tubastrea spp. They do not have zooxanthellae, and so must be fed meaty foods. Most people actually have to target feed them--but yours looks beautifully healthy. congratulations!

aquajon
12/07/2006, 12:35 PM
i just set up a 12g aquapod for my anemone. it is a green bubble tip. i had it in my mostly dominate sps tank so it had to come out, also the thing was dropping little anemones in my big tank so i chiped up the rock those were on and put them in the 12g also. they have been in there for a week and they are all doing pretty good, no fish in there yet just the anemones,, how big do these things usually get?

InvaderJim
12/07/2006, 12:53 PM
I was thinking about getting a small white one to put in my 10g for my clowns, then move it to my 90g eventually. I just dont want it to sting everything in my tank.