PDA

View Full Version : 12 Gal Nano & Corals ???????

rsawyers3
12/04/2006, 09:37 AM
I have a 12 gallon aquapod nano and I was wondering what kind of corals would be good for it. I have about 12lbs of live fiji rock and 3 small fish. Clown, 3 striped damsel and a purple and yellow damsel. Sorry I forget the names. I want to put some corals in it but I dont want to spend the money if they are going to die. I would like some frogspawn or any bubble coral. I also like the branch corals. I am open to anything. I am new at this and I want my tank to look good. Thank you,
Rustin

Shooter7
12/04/2006, 09:41 AM
Different corals are going to require different lighting and water conditions. With lower lighting and less than stellar water parameters, you can manage some shrooms, zoanthids, and some various other soft corals. I've kept LPS corals like frogspawn under PC lighting and it did well. "Branching" corals, you probably mean corals like acropora, need strong lighting, strong water flow, and fairly pristine water conditions. Irregardless of which you do, if you're not running a skimmer on this tank you will need to do probably weekly or at least biweekly water changes with RO/DI water as your mix and topoff water to maintain cleaner water conditions in the tank. I run a 10g reef tank this way.