PDA

View Full Version : New to Nano

EWC88
12/02/2006, 10:52 AM
Hey guys, like the title says Im new to nano tanks. I have a 40 gallon reef set-up that use to be in my room but realized its way to big for my room so I put that downstairs. Now im looking at getting a smaller tank for my room, and alot of people said get a nano tank or just build one up. I need your help to tell me what you guys think I should do, with size? true nano tank, or build my own? and if build my own wut filter, or sump, powerheads? etc. Just remeber I can fit a 40 in my room, but dont want one so maybe a 30 or something. Thanks

Illuminati
12/02/2006, 12:05 PM
Ever looked into an all in one like the NanoCube, Aquapod or Biocube?
Easier than a regular tank (no sump, skimmer, etc....)

If you don't want to spend that type of money just get a 10 or 20L gallon setup and have everything as a hang on back.

EWC88
12/02/2006, 12:42 PM
I was looking at those. Gotta see how much and everything, I was just seeing what peoples thoughts were

oceandrops
12/02/2006, 06:40 PM
If you decide on all in one nano cube I have one for sale.
It's 24 gallon JBJ 24DX Deluxe. It was only used by me to move corals form one tank to another for two months. Still have original box for it. I will take $200 plus shipping from ILLINOIS.

kjordan
12/05/2006, 05:12 PM
I'm a newby to aquariums and don't know anything, but have been reading alot and was thinking about the all-in-one BC 29g. Would you recommend that for me or start with a 30 g setup and have everything as a hang-on; and how would you do that?