PDA

View Full Version : Oceanic BioCube 8 vs. AquaMedic Nanowave 9

twiddle
12/01/2006, 02:09 PM
I currently have a 72 Gallon reef setup but I am considering getting a Nano cube for my desk at work.
I am loooking at the Oceanic BioCube 8 gal but I have just found out about a new tank on the market...AquaMedic NanoWave is new to the market.
I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts about either....Should I go with something tried and true or something new to the market.
Is anyone familiar with the NanoWave?
Is the Oceanic Bio Cube a good choice?

AdriftQuasar
12/01/2006, 02:33 PM
Based on what I've read, I would go with Oceanic, but that's just because of brand name familiarity. Oceanic is known for good products. That's just my two cents, and inflation is making it worth less and less.

Canuck007
12/09/2006, 12:33 AM
From what i have read i'd go with the nanowave. looks like they are both built well but the chamber area is better designed with the nanowave, it has a skimmer already and a built in fuge light. lighting is about the same in both units.

GSMguy
12/09/2006, 01:00 AM
aqua medic definetly

twiddle
12/09/2006, 09:54 AM
I posted for opinions on the Oceanoc Biocube 8 vs. the AquaMedic Nanowave 9. I am still going back and fourth as to which one.
Also..here is the only review I have been able to find for the nanowave9...
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=104409

Pros as I see them without really knowing much abour nano tanks.
1. Oceanic has a proven product that all the posts that I have read have been positive.
2. Oceanic has the ability to use timers for the lights
3. AquaMedic has a built in Fuge and skimmer
4. AquaMedic has more wattage on the lights
5. AquaMedic seems way cool

Cons
1. AquaMedic nanowave is brand new to market with no track record.
2. AquaMedic does not have ability to use timers for both the lights and the moon lights.
2. Oceanic will need more mods.

Any thoughts??????