PDA

View Full Version : Can you help? Designing a closed loop for my Sequence Snapper. help?

MarineGirl411
12/01/2006, 05:34 AM
Hello everyone. I am starting a new thread. I need some advice for plumbing my new Sequence Snapper. I have a 1 in bulkhead intake. Now people have suggested drilling another 1 in bh hole to increase the size up to 2 in by connecting them together somehow. My return lines are 3/4in. I will be going from 1.5in down to 3/4in for returns. I have some pictures of what I have so far. This is a 40 gallon breeder All Glass Aquarium. I don't know if I drilled another hole, if this would possibly cause strength problems in my aquarium. Another possibility would be to drill a hole of 1.5 in and get a different bulkhead then size up the plumbing to 2 in. I will have 90 degree plumbing so I just needed help with flow. My return from my sump is pumping 600 gph. This is going to be an LPS and SPS tank. Clams in low flow areas. Thank you all. I'd appreciate your advice. This pump is being used for a closed loop system. Not return. I need it to be as quiet as possible.

MarineGirl411
12/02/2006, 03:56 AM
Just got my pump in the mail today. I'd really appreciate some help. This pump can be valved down to 300 gph! Just thought that was pretty cool! Only using 75 watts of electricity! woo hoo!