PDA

View Full Version : Another Silicone thread

NanoReefWanabe
11/30/2006, 10:29 PM
Well...

so i made the grave mistake of using GE Silicone II window and door to put the baffles in my sump...

then i reread the smallest, blurriest fine print visible by the human eye and it says directly on the back of the tube NOT SAFE FOR aquariums...

so i went and scraped out every little but of silicone inside the take and washed it with vinegar and water...tank is prefectly clean, baffles are clean...

i cut the tip off the new tube of GE SILICONE I window and door and stand the baffles again and damn....i bought white instead of clear...well it is completely unsightly but i am now concerned that the white may too be a problem..

so here it is...

Anyone know if there is any problems with the different colours?

man that sounded dumb, i cant imagine there is any problems but just thought i would check...cause when i was liking my finger to smooth it out the taste was absolutely unbearable, much worse then the Silicone II tasted..LOL

i have already redone it all with the white now and really dont want to pull it apart again..i have also done the internal overflow with it aswell, i will be covering the back wall of the tank with agranite-concrete (ultimate DIY rocks) mix anyway, so it wont ever be seen..