PDA

View Full Version : Is my Starfish Ok???

Costas
07/09/2002, 07:34 PM
I just received a Orange Knobby Star today amongst a few other things like cukes this morning, and am wondering if they are healthy.

The star has climbed up the glass a few hours ago, and is still there in the same spot. I can't see any movement. Could he be dead, or is this normal behavior. :confused:

Also, one of my cukes seems as if he shrunk a couple of inches, but is still moving. I know it's the first day in my tank, and it may take a couple of days before they start doing their thing, but am just a little concerned since I don't see much movement.

Can anyone fill me in?

Thanks,
Costas

Pomacanthus1
07/09/2002, 07:38 PM
When i first introduced my linckia star, it stayed in one spot and didn't move for about a week.

As long as you acclimated them for long enough, your echinoderms should do fine.

Just curious, what kind of cuke is it?

Costas
07/09/2002, 09:16 PM
I got 2 Impatience Cukes and 1 Black & Pink Cuke. They have all just grabbed a spot in the tank and haven't moved. Although, I can see slight movement of their body.

I hope they do ok.

Toutouche
07/09/2002, 11:53 PM
Stars will sometimes cruise around non-stop, then other days just hang out with out moving at all practicalls. Don't worry. Cukes the same. Especially when first introduced. I had placed to all black mopping ones in my tank quite awhile ago, and while one started moving around from day 1, the other took about 1 1/2 weeks before it got into it's routine. After that all was normal here on in.