PDA

View Full Version : Phosphate Reactor question..........

Naperville Reef
11/28/2006, 01:44 PM
i have the Phosphate Reactor 150 from Two Little Fishes powered by a MaxiJet 400. i am using Phosban and i just noticed that some (very little) of the media is escaping the reactor and is in the sump. not much, if any, is getting into the display tank.

is this a concern or is it typical?

thanks
rob

saltycreefer
11/28/2006, 01:46 PM
I wouldn't worry about it but you might need to lower the flow or use less media.

carman9941
11/28/2006, 02:10 PM
i have had the same thing happen, i havent seen any probs so far
how do you have the sponge filters on top or under the red bubble difuser?. i put the one on top and i havent seen anymore in the sump. not really sure how they are supposed to go on i bought 2 and they were both different

ostrow
11/28/2006, 02:17 PM
They are designed to go on top of the diffuser.

I had the same issues with the TLF device. I also experienced serious pinched mantel problems with my clams, which may be related to iron in the water. May is the operative word as noone seems to know what causes the condition.

I have since switched to using a DI cartridge filled with phoslock (will switch to phosar when Premium gets it in) run inside an RO housing. Water is fed off a ball valve from Ted off my return pump. Works well so far, nylon bag on the output is completely empty so no media escaping.

I liked neither the reactor nor the media from TLF and am not particularly wild about the proprietor either.

Sullyman
11/28/2006, 02:18 PM
I didn't rinse the last batch of Rowa Phos I put in my sump enough, ended up with a little flurry in my tank but it caused no problems.

Doubledown
11/28/2006, 04:41 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8635980#post8635980 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ostrow
(will switch to phosar when Premium gets it in)

Premium now carries this product - it is listed on their front page. Wish I waited an extra 5 days (I just ordered Rowa from them last week).

Sullyman
11/28/2006, 05:09 PM
I was spacing, I ended up with a flurry from Purigen, not Rowa phos. I run the rowa in a Precision marine reactor and it's great, no problems.

mitlik1
11/28/2006, 06:11 PM
Can you use filter floss to filter out the particles (before the red holed stopper and black pourous filter after?