PDA

View Full Version : 10g nano underway

bboyin4lyf
11/28/2006, 06:45 AM
hey guys,

I had a 70g for 3 years that was my pride and joy but due to money, time and uni I can no longer maintain it. I setup a 10g nano stocked with frags of all my original corals. the tank will be lit by a 150w MH.

A couple of questions:

The tank has mostly mushrooms, Lps and 2 soft corals.

1st:

should I remove the soft corals as they may release chemicals? This tank has no skimmer but is quite rigoursly water changed.

2nd:

ITs current inhabitants are a bi coloured blenny and a tiny six line wrasse. I'm fairly sure that the tank will be able to support the bioload of these two small fish. thoughts?

thanks for your time,

Cal

bpd964
11/28/2006, 09:17 AM
I would say to remove the softies if you had sps's in such a small tank. But, you should be ok with what you have. Just use a little carbon. The fish will be fine.. the wrasse might end up on your floor if you aren't careful.

Agu
11/28/2006, 09:32 AM
The shrooms are probably more toxic than the soft corals. A loose shroom that lands on an LPS will sting it severly. That said, the corals in general should be fine in a ten gallon.

The six line although small is an active fish, and they get aggressive as they mature. They're also known for jumping. I would probably remove it.