PDA

View Full Version : Strange clown behavior....

MrMexReefer
11/27/2006, 11:43 AM
OKay, i had this false perc that had been living in my tank for a couple of months just fine. Then, someone on the forum gave me a free true perc, and when i introduced them, they immediately went to fighting each other! So, i separated them with a mesh barrier, to see if i could rearrange the rocks or something to get them to coexist. They have been separated for about 2 weeks now, and last night, i noticed that the true perc was flailing violently near the top of the water...and everytime it did this, the false perc would dash to the net (when they normally keep at opposite sides) and then they would both chew at the netting from opposite sides! They even managed to make a small tear in the netting! It was happening for an hour or so, after the lights went out...

what gives?

JHardman
11/27/2006, 12:51 PM
Read the FAQ on pairing clownfish...

GSMguy
11/27/2006, 04:23 PM
dude you cant keep two clowns that arent paired up in a 20 gallon

MrMexReefer
11/27/2006, 07:05 PM
why not GSM? i havent had them long... they didnt take to each other, so i separated them. I guess i will have to look into giving one away. Why do you say i cant keep 2?

Chupacabras
11/27/2006, 07:39 PM
Two different species of clowns generally don't work together... sometimes there's an exception with a true and false perc but in general, only keep two of a single species in a tank and get one small enough so it will take on the male role.