PDA

View Full Version : skimmer for 46 bowfront

keto
11/21/2006, 10:37 PM
I am setting up a new bowfront i am running a c cpr 3000 wet dry on it ,and it eats up all of my room under my tank, i am wanting to add a good skimmer on this tank as its going to be a bb set up, what kind of set up should i go with here i have always had in sump skimmers. is there something out there that can stand alone outside the sump and run on its own plumbing and pump? this may be a dumb ? , but i dont know so i am going to ask. if you could point me in the right direction please...

medic29
11/21/2006, 10:41 PM
You could make a sump out of a plain tank and either place a skimmer in the sump and use a filter sock; or you could use one of the HOB skimmers (I had good luck with CC Super Skimmer - which can be used as either HOB or in sump skimmer).

keto
11/21/2006, 10:47 PM
i have done the hang on back before, there has to be a way you could do like a closed loop kind of set up with a skimmer.

pdwife
11/30/2006, 06:04 AM
I have an octopus skimmer that I have been very happy with. It out performs my old G2 and the aquac that I run on my 30 breeder. They do make the recirc octopus skiimers that can be run on the outside and they arent really that expensive. Try octopusskimmer.com or keep an eye out for a used ER

weimluv1
12/06/2006, 12:12 AM
Coralife SuperSkimmer 125. I love mine. It's simple. works great. Easy to setup and clean. Versatile. It's cheap (compared to other skimmers of it's size).

I wouldn't get anything rated for less tank size as you want to run a BB tank.

syrinx
12/06/2006, 09:59 AM
Now i know this isn`t the most popular item these days but the old berlin triple pass was totally able to be inline and out of the sump.