PDA

View Full Version : Aptasia in an sps tank

Big Chippa
11/17/2006, 05:06 PM
I have aptasia in a sps tank wich is my best bet i am thinking copperband but dont want to jepordize sps or clams:D

Bri Guy
11/18/2006, 05:52 AM
How bout fry a couple big ones every day with kalk, it would kill them and supplement for your corals.

Then get a couple of pepperments for the small ones.

It may keep them in order as much as the fish, with less risk of large loss.

Chaotic Reefer4u
11/18/2006, 08:52 AM
salutation's bigchippa, this is what has worked for me. hope this help's...

Benefits:
Aiptasia Control is a simple, Veterinarian approved, and quick solution for controlling aiptasia and other nuisance anemones. This product yields results within minutes of application. Aiptasia Control is reef safe and will not alter the aquariums chemistry. When used as directed it will not harm any desirable aquarium inhabitants.

Directions:
Shake well before using. Turn off all pumps, power heads and protein skimmers before dosage. Extract 1 cc/ml of Aiptasia Control using the supplied syringe. Gently place the syringe over the aiptasia without disrupting it. Apply the desired amount on top of the aiptasia. If results are not visible within 30 minutes, it is possible the dosage was too low. Wait 24 hours and reapply.

Warning:
This product is not intended for human consumption. Keep out of reach of children. If ingested contact a physician or poison control center immediately.

- Reef Safe
- Works in Minutes
- Veterinarian Approved

.5 oz (15ml)http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/chaoticreefer4u/00122.gif

Quantity in Basket:none
Code: 00122
Price: $0.00

Quantity:

Lizz85
11/18/2006, 09:35 AM
Joes Juice rocks.

coolie
11/18/2006, 09:53 AM
Berghia nudibranch eradicated the aptasia in my all sps 90g setup. I bought 8 of them and aptasia were completely gone in a month.

Big Chippa
11/18/2006, 07:50 PM
the problem with a joe juice solution is getting at the aptasia, being so thick with sps. any way i found any bit of miss fire with that stuff and you will take a colony out quick. thats why i need advice on somthing alive but not destructive. any sugestions

Bender
11/18/2006, 11:15 PM
Do you have just a few here and there or an infestation? I had a few on my live rock when I set my 180 up. I added a peppermint shrimp and they are gone. Now I only had a small number of them to start with.