View Full Version : My Porc wont eat what to do

jwblocal701
11/12/2006, 08:47 PM
Well i have had my Porc for little over a week now
I started with frozen krill Nothing wont eat takes a bite and spits it out

Iput in 2 live smalll Silversides and it took a little while but he ate those

Tried frozen silversides and Nothing

what should i do how can i get him to eat i
have tried putting it on a thread and dangling it infront of him and everything and he wont do diddley

zoebeaglezoe
11/12/2006, 09:14 PM
try soaking food in garlic juice that might help

hcahan
11/12/2006, 09:17 PM
GIve it time. They sometimes need a few days to adjust. Both my porc and dog face went on hunger strikes when I first got them or moved tanks. Try feeding a variety of things...mine likes crab, squid, shrimp, and my clean up crew.LOL. Try soaking food in garlic to stimulate its hunger. Also, when all else fails I have feed mine freeze dried krill. Kind like popcorn. NEver could get him interested in silversides at all. Good luck

jwblocal701
11/13/2006, 11:49 PM
he ate 6 live fish today and tried tricking him with frozen inbetween and wanted nothing to do with it. how can i get him off of live then and eating frozen??

hcahan
11/14/2006, 10:50 AM
I had a lion fish that did that. I starved him for a week and then tried wiggling frozen food infrount of him....I took a few days but once he got it you couldn't stop him from eating. I know it's tough but stop feeding him live and he will learn. Porcs are super smart and super hungry.

saltyESQ
11/14/2006, 01:45 PM
put some snails in the tank, that will get him to eat as that is what he would eat in the wild.