PDA

View Full Version : search not working ghetto refugium q's

donald altman
11/12/2006, 05:52 PM
I am making a DIY cheap and easy refugium for under my 100 gallon.
I am going with a 72 quart container and plan to use a calfo style drain (two 1.5 inch drain lines) using flex down into the rubbermaid container. I found a nifty bread loaf tupperware that is just about 2 inches lower then the container. I plan to run the drain flex down into the breadloaf tupperware that will be in the corner of the rubbermaid to act as a bubble trap. I have a quiet one 3000 pump that will pump 1 inch flex with a T leading to two seperate lockline return nozzles. I am unsure what to do with the pump. It is submersible and I plan have a 4 or 5 inch dsb with chaeto. (I already have a 75 watt 6500k LOA lamp ready) This is where I am stuck I am not sure if I need to find anouther container to place inside my "ghetto fuge" to place the return pump into or if merely having it on a shelf above the sand will be suffecient. I could use eggcrate to build a shelf and to keep cheato from entering into the return area.. or I could use say a trashcan or simular tupperware that the water would have to flow ever the top and into to reach the return pump.

If I do the later what will the relationship of the hieght of the drain compartment (breadloaf container) be in relationship to the (trashcan) return pump compartment.

Keelay
11/13/2006, 12:24 AM
Which bread loaf container are you talking about? Care to provide a link?

DHyslop
11/13/2006, 12:38 AM
Here's a trick for searching: Put your search terms into Google but add "site:reefcentral.com"

Google will then search all the pages it knows of in RC without having to use RC's search.

Dan

donald altman
11/13/2006, 07:49 AM
awesome tip !!!

donald altman
11/13/2006, 08:11 AM
awesome tip !!!

Hey here is the link to the bread box.. its not like the old kind that the bread sits down and the lid runs the whole length of thel oaf this one just has a little end cap. I plan to stand it up.

http://www0.epinions.com/Rubbermaid_Bread_Keeper_3800_Housewares

one of the cool features is the thing is flat on one side and the top of the bread is double rounded so it holds the 1.5 inch flex pretty well. and it is only a slice of bread size footprint so it doesn't take up much room standing it up in the refugium