PDA

View Full Version : Questions on the use of Weldon 40.

BrokeColoReefer
11/10/2006, 02:19 PM
Any tips or tricks using this product? I plan on using the pin method for gluing up the tank. How long does it take to set to the point you can start on another joint? How much should i premix for a seam? seams are approx 48" long.
thanks!

kgross
11/10/2006, 03:01 PM
If you are using the pin method, weldon 40 is not the correct product to use. The Pin's method is for thin solvents. With weldon 40 it is a much thicker product and will not wick under the material for a good bond. I would guess that with 40 the best method would be to put a bead down where the material will be joined and then put the second piece into the bead, but I am not sure, If you give this thread a a while I would be willing that Acrylics will pop in and give some good advice for weldon 40.

Kim

BrokeColoReefer
11/10/2006, 09:10 PM
OOOOOPS, i didnt think the first thread went through. Much apologies for the double post.

Acrylics
11/10/2006, 10:44 PM
Best tips I could give ya offhand is to go get the bulletin off of Cyro's website. Cyro.com and look for the tip sheet on "polymerizable cements". As Kim points out, WO40 and the "Pins" method are not real compatible. WO40 could be better thought of like a conrete cement where you are filling a gap between two pcs rather than a solvent type cement where you using surface tension to "wick" a water thin solvent

HTH,
James.