PDA

View Full Version : custom overflow pipe design

ibmgeek
11/08/2006, 12:10 AM
i am going to setup my 90 gallon tank to be viewable from all 4 sides, so i need to see if anybody has a similiar setup and what design have you chosen. Is there any alternatives to doing the durso? My tank has a 2inch bulkhead so i am guessing flow is not a problem. prefer not to build an internal overflow pipe. any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

excuse my ignorance but cant i just put a pipe all the way up and then put like a sort of bowl on top of the pipe, like that the water slides.?

thanks in advance.:)

ibmgeek
11/08/2006, 12:29 AM
bump...

ibmgeek
11/08/2006, 12:42 AM
no idea guys?i posted recently so i understand why no responses.

ibmgeek
11/08/2006, 12:55 AM
bump...

itZme
11/08/2006, 01:43 AM
Wow! Have a bit of patience my friend ... there will be help as soon as possible :)

Search for a thread about the "Herbie Method" for your drains. I have implemented it on my setup and I flow roughly 2,000 gph through 2 1" bulkheads with no bubbles, noise or standpipes.

If I find the link I will post it for you but the search function should be available for us non-paying members in a couple hours when traffic slows down here.

I think you mean that you are going to have a center overflow and drain setup is that correct?

Hope that helps,
-- itZme

ibmgeek
11/08/2006, 06:53 AM
yeah about the patience, i needed to know as fast as possible because i am ordering all my equipment today,sorry. also yeah i have an offset center overflow but i dont have a an internal overflow box. thats why i wanted a fast reply because if i cant find altenatives to the box i will order the overflow box. also i did do a search on the herbie method and saw it but was not really sure if it will work for my setup.