PDA

View Full Version : seeding dsb in tank and refugium at same time

vmiller
07/01/2002, 03:50 PM
How should I do this?

I plan to get starter kits from both ipsf and inland aquatics. Can I put half the contents of each item in each tank? Or should I put it all in one tank and expect the life to eventually carry over to the other?

yikan
07/01/2002, 04:04 PM
What I did was putting the majority in the main tank and about 1/3 in the refugium (10g). Now I believe the refugium has more than the main tank does.

jayo
07/01/2002, 04:42 PM
I'm going to have to do the same thing soon. My plan was to put everything in the refugium. I figure that stuff I put in the main tank has a worse chance of making it because I'll have fish in there, and that the whole point of a refugium is to breed these critters and have the larvae pulled into the main tank, so hopefully the refugium will seed the main tank just fine.

jayo

alde
07/01/2002, 04:48 PM
I'm going to have to do the same thing soon. My plan was to put everything in the refugium. I figure that stuff I put in the main tank has a worse chance of making it because I'll have fish in there, and that the whole point of a refugium is to breed these critters and have the larvae pulled into the main tank, so hopefully the refugium will seed the main tank just fine.

That would be my thought. They would be safe from the bigger animals in the refugium and if feed well enough should seed your main tank just fine.

yikan
07/01/2002, 04:53 PM
Do you have a DSB to seed as well? When I seeded my tank including DSB, there was no fish. In fact the best time to seed a DSB is right after cycling before it gets hardened. Also if you have worms or ministars etc to come with the IPSF or Inland package, you will have to put them in the main tank to have them start the work.

WWiley
07/01/2002, 05:30 PM
Vmiller If you and Nick come over I can give you worms and pods for your tanks lots of worms.:) WW