PDA

View Full Version : ok to run 2 skimmers ?

Krazy
11/06/2006, 06:53 PM
I just hooked up my euro reef rs-80 the other day, that sucker is pulling some stinky ole black crap after only 2 days

I also have my berlin turbo still running which is also pulling a bit as well...

Is it ok to run both of these guys or should I take out the berlin, clean her up and sell it....

is 2 skimmers overkill ???

I do have a heavy bio-load with the fish and feedings....

I have no clue so here I am asking for some one who knows

GlobaLPimP
11/06/2006, 07:09 PM
If you have a 90gl. with a "heavy" bio-load....I would leave them both because the euro reef rs-80 is only rated for aquarium systems of +/- 80 gallons with a "medium" bioload. If you want to save power and space - I'd sell both of them and get one that can handel your system by itself;)

Krazy
11/06/2006, 07:12 PM
well the berlin came with my used setup for "free" and the euro reef I "won" at macna :D

I guess I have a medium to possibly heavy bio-load... I've had no problems to date and I was running the berlin for about 2 months with it filling a 1 gallon jug in a week of thick black stinky.... the euro reef after day 2 has a 1/4 cup which I feel is pretty good as its still in that break in period...

I wonder if I should just let em both run... the power and the space is there....

sarduci
11/06/2006, 09:27 PM
Run both if you want to, it won't hurt anything in your tank. Personally, it's more work to maintain both, so I would just run one.

Congrats on winning your new skimmer!

d.french
11/06/2006, 10:23 PM
2 is better than 1 i got remora pro and prizm pro on 125 gallon