PDA

View Full Version : Blenny!!!

TheHuff
11/06/2006, 02:27 PM
I just purchased a Lawnmower Blenny. This fish is about 2 inches. I have had him for about 5 days now and i have fed him a few times with flakes... This is what the woman who sold me the fish said to do. I have yet to see him eat any of the flakes, they jsut float to the ground and sit there. Is this the wrong thing to feed him??? any other tips about blennys would be great as well, just wanted to know more...

Bidadari
11/06/2006, 03:19 PM
Lawnmower blenny can be difficult to feed. Some of them only eat algae that grows on your glass & rocks, but some of them will eat anything (mysis, flake, nori, etc). I would try feeding him Nori/seaweed for a start to see if he likes it. Good luck.

sirbooks
11/06/2006, 09:54 PM
They are herbivores, and really should have access to a constant supply of algae. A tank with plentiful algae is the best environment for these fish. If your tank doesn't have lots of algae, you'll need to do what Bidadari said and provide some seaweed. Flakes usually don't cut it with lawnmower blennies.

One of these blennies shouldn't be kept in a three gallon tank. They grow too large and just need too much food, you'll have a hard time keeping the tank clean even if you can keep the fish fed. Fish that constantly graze poop a lot.