PDA

View Full Version : yellow mimic tang help

shabreeson
11/06/2006, 08:40 AM
my tang that i recently purcased has been having some problems with loss of color. at first it was only on his fins and it seemed to make his fin either clear or pale in random spots,it seems colorless. this didn't worry me to much because i thought that with time, it would go away. then this morning i found a half white mimic tang. it isn't fuzzy and doesnt have spots so,i don't think it's ich. i don't know what it is, i need help to ID it to treat it properly. i already have a QT going but don't know what type of treatment to do

there was a little velvet on the fins but it was quickly removed by my shrimp a few days ago, could this still be velvet?

BTTRFLYGRL
11/06/2006, 08:57 AM
A shrimp could not have removed Velvet from the fins..And if it were Velvet, he'd be dead by now.

What kind of Tang is this?
How is the fish behaving? Eating?
Is it flashing? Breathing heavy?
Do these pale places tend to disappear and come back at night?
Pictures would sure help

shabreeson
11/06/2006, 09:06 AM
he is a yellow mimic tang, he isn't any different in behavior,he is eating eagerly, not flashing or breathing heavy, and the pale places dont change, just spread. sorry i don't have a very good camera, i would be lucky if i got a yellow scrape across the fish tank.

mrp2g
11/06/2006, 09:19 AM
I have a mimic. There is some temporay, slight color loss at times, but returns with a few days. It's a pritty hardy fish IMO. Garlic in the food and vita-chem is a what I have always done. Good luck.

shabreeson
11/06/2006, 09:24 AM
thanks