PDA

View Full Version : sick imperator and queen angel

kcravnit
11/06/2006, 01:24 AM
i have a very sick imperator and queen angel...need help asap....

kcravnit
11/06/2006, 01:28 AM
my imperator has been discolored for 1 month, the an opne sore developed its looking better but eyes are very cloudy and still scratching on everything.....now it has ich and a cloudy eye.....
my queen is a large 15" beauty and went through ich now has cotten on fins (improving the high nitrates40-80) now she has an white something around her eyes just by her nose.....
i have been using stop parasite since friday and just added melafix on sat.....

ACBlinky
11/06/2006, 02:46 AM
I think more information would help. Water parameters (actual numbers), maintenance schedule, and pictures are a good place to start.

IMO both products you are using are relatively useless. If the fish has a fungal, bacterial or parasitic infection she needs an appropriate medication. There are some really knowledgeable people here, hopefully you can get a diagnosis and then you'll be able to move her into a QT and treat her.

LargeAngels
11/06/2006, 10:41 AM
Do you have pictures? Can you take them out and do a FW dip? FW dip would tell you if you have skin flukes and/or velvet. Flukes and velvet fall off in FW dips. Flukes will drop off and look like small gelatin little guys and the velvet will look like white dust. Best done in a clear container. Ich does not fall off in FW dips. For velvet and ich copper is really a good way to treat. My personal preferance is Cupramine. Prazipro for flukes. If it is ONLY ich then you can do hypo, but hypo does not kill velvet.

Here is some good reading. http://www.petsforum.com/personal/trevor-jones/treatments.html

kcravnit
11/06/2006, 10:48 AM
water is as follows
ph 8.4
ammonia 0
nitrites 0
nitrates 40-80 ( i have been doing large water changes 80 gallon every 3rd day) they are high because of the 2 leopard sharks waste

water temp 78-80
i believe i have a bad case of ich....but not sure...i will try to post pics asap, my pics are too big for rc upload.