PDA

View Full Version : Queenie's in her new home!

queeniesmom
11/04/2006, 05:58 AM
Hello!

Well, first of all, thank you to everyone who gave me advice on how to move my baby! :)

She is doing just fine, although, LOL, she wouldn't even look at me for a while - she was pretty peod. But, after a about an hour, she began the damage.

First she took apart each filter by tearing off the strainer and then the extension tubes. Then she had to mess with the heaters by dragging them around. Then she started moving the smaller pieces of live rock around the tank. We were all just cracking up! I only wish the camera could have gotten all that in!

As for how we moved her, we took the large plastic bag, cut a hole in one end (the closed end), and then proceeded to scoot her in. Well, LOL, needless to say, there were several of my customers standing around the tank on the other end and others in the store watching. Everyone I think pretty much got wet as we after several attempts, managed to get her in the bag, then lifted her up to the tank. You would have thought we had a shark in that bag she was making so much noise! Water was flying everywhere, LOL, and the camera got wet. I was soaked, as was my mother who was also helping.

Anyway, it was an interesting experience, one that I do not want to repeat for a long time! LOL

Once I get the video on my computer, I will tell you all so that you can see her and the catching of my baby! It won't be till the middle of next week probably because for starters, we don't get the station that the news was on. Our t.v. only receives satellite and where I live, we can't get cable so we can't get local news. My brother and sister-in-law taped it for me, but they are out of town! :(

So, once I get it on our store's website (www.wendysbluelagoon.com), I will notify you all!

Thanks again for all the advice! I really appreciate it! :)

Take care and I will fill you in as she grows and matures - matures, maybe not! LOL

Wendy Legeret
Wendy's Blue Lagoon
(906) 774-2001
www.wendysbluelagoon.com

ej1698
11/04/2006, 08:21 AM
I'm glad it all worked out for you Wendy, Can't wait to see the Video.

EJ