PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable! Reef Fishes Vol. 2 now not being published until November

sedgro
06/29/2002, 02:23 AM
Just checked the status of my order from LAST October for Scott Michael's Reef Fishes Vol. 2. Amazon.com now lists the publication date as November 2002! So we have gone from Dec 2001 to Feb 2002 to July 2002 now to November 2002. I'm sure I will still buy the book but this is getting silly. Microcosm's website still says available "soon" however.

John

Rock Anemone
06/29/2002, 02:30 AM
Have you ever been to the movies and the previews for a really cool movie say the movie will be out "soon" but, the movie comes out 1 year later??? Get where I'm going?

Rock Anemone

FMarini
06/29/2002, 08:33 AM
Sedgro:
i feel your pain, but you have to understand that writing books and finalizing the book take unprecedented amounts of time. Much of this time is out of control of the authors hands.
My suspicion was that Mr Michaels wanted to finalize the text, make editorial corrrections and then the publisher wanted something else, or was not completely satisified. So back it went. My last correspondence w/ Mr Michaels ws jan or feb this yr. He replied that he had a close to final version in his hands at this point and was making last minute additions, and finalizing the text.
Like yourself, i think this took a really long time, but I understand this time lag fully, and can't wait til it comes out
frank

Randy V
06/29/2002, 09:45 AM
I would rather wait and get the best product possible. I have his other books and they are the best books on marine fish for the hobbyist available in my opinion. It is hard to be patient though.

yellow dog
06/29/2002, 10:05 PM
I'm not sure the revisions in the book are the reason for the delay. Microcosm puts out one book at a time and spaces the releases out in order to have that book sell without competing against themselves...right now its the reef life book and I think there are a couple of others ahead of the reef fishes book.

skylsdale
06/30/2002, 12:03 AM
I heard Reef Fishes Vol. 2 is next in line behind Schimek's book...