PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football

sufunk
11/01/2006, 04:48 PM
Anyone here serious about fantasy football? Who are your starters and what is your record?

I unfortunately took Alexander #2 but am still 5-3 with Bulger, McGahee, J.Jones, Maroney, S.Smith, Plaxico and (THANK GOD!!!) the Bears Defense.

fishysmell
11/01/2006, 06:37 PM
I took Alexander as well at #2 in my big money leauge...Morris hasn't been a viable sub for him, but luckily I have Dunn and Drouhns, and Lewis as a sub/backup...wide-outs: Holt, Galloway, D. Jackson and Lloyd...qbs: Brady, Plummer and Rivers (we start 2 qbs)...Gates at TE and Wilkins at kicker...broncos def...i'm 4-4 but have had really hard mathups (all 4 of my losses were against the weeks high point scorer...

Mr Sh0tgun
11/01/2006, 07:16 PM
I took L.J #1 and he's, as you know, a beast. At QB I got Rivers or Delhomme. WR I've got the under-performing Galloway and Chambers, along with Colston (I use him as my TE normally) and Kennison. RB I've got Ahman Green. TE is Dallas Clark. Kicker is got Akers, who's been crap, and I've got Ravens D. I'm 4-4.

sufunk
11/01/2006, 07:31 PM
Ravens d has been really good in our league this year. The team ahead of me got Mcnabb and Baltimore in rounds 9-10(he also has Tomlinson!). Hes 8-0 and only needs 1 more win to clinch a playoff spot.

I'm kicking myself for not having Tomlinson but i had him last year and he killed me. I had the best record and lost a close game in the 1st round when he got hurt against Indy last year and Turner had a 70 yard td. This year i passed on him bc he broke down last year and alexander never gets hurt. Great thinking!!!

fastjunkie
11/01/2006, 09:02 PM
5-3 here..I franchised Caddilac from last year..OUCH!!!But I also have E.Manning,T.Jones,K.Jones,R.Wayne,T.Holt,J.Horn,M Colston,I have a deep bench also..M.Vick.we draft 13 players and play 8

fishysmell
11/01/2006, 10:21 PM
Colston was a clutch pick this year...I took Gates pretty early and look how that's turning out...

I'm still kicking myself for not taking Larry Johnson over Alexander...I thought he would be the one to break the Madden curse....grrrrr

joe90usa
11/02/2006, 01:16 PM
I write for some of the fantasy football magazines that some of you may have purchased a few months back. I'm also moderating one of the fantasy football sites on the web. My personal teams are a bit of a mixed bag right now, but at least all are still in playoff contention in their respective leagues.

sufunk
11/02/2006, 03:01 PM
Hopefully, Alexander can come back and be himself for the rest of the season and fantasy playoffs. Now with Hasselback out and them pushing Alexander back another week, I'm starting to get a little worried if he will ever be good this year.

I've got some backups that hopefully can become starters with an injury or stop splitting time. I've got Jones-Drew, Turner, Maroney and J.Jones/Marion Barber. If Tomlinson, Dillon, or Fred Taylor go down, I should be in great shape. Of course, this will probably be the year that Dillon and Taylor finally stay healthy.

jessp
11/02/2006, 04:19 PM
I got lucky this year and have m. colston on all three of my teams, what a pay off. my main team started off rough 0-2 but haven't lost since. startring lineup
p. rivers qb
reggie wayne, harrison, and terry glenn or put colston at wr and todd heap to te. rb's galore LT, willie parker, julius jones, and maroney. te is either heap or colston depending on who hs bye weeks. also denver d and chicagos kicker.

i have two other teams as well and they are all in running but not my main team.

Alexander did kill me this year and hasselback is right now as well. but r. grossman has been a nice pick up in two leagues.

sufunk
11/02/2006, 05:42 PM
I just barely got outbid for Gould after week 3 and its been costing me big time! I was stuck with Vanderjaght and he was doing HORRIBLE! Now i at least have feely for kicker since a team had to drop him to get under the cap 2 weeks ago.

jessp
11/02/2006, 06:42 PM
baltimore defense has been a lifesaver this year too, and when i drafted donovan mcnab i didn't think he was gonna blow up like he did

sufunk
11/14/2006, 12:05 PM
After starting 5-1, i had dropped to 5-4 and played the 9-0 team in our league. He was killing me this week(he has Tomlinson and Carson Palmer!!!) and gloating big time. I was down HUGE but Chicago's defense got me close with the 108yd return and then last night i was down 11 with Steve Smith against Galloway.

The late 36 yard TD by Smith put me up by 2 and i ended up winning by 1 point to end his perfect season!! Now i'm 6-4 and only need to win 1 more game in the next 4 weeks to get in the playoffs!

Between that and the Cowboys winning again(Romo is AWESOME), i'm on cloud 9 today!!

joe90usa
11/14/2006, 12:10 PM
Bulger and Eli Manning owners beware - both teams lost their starting left tackles this week. That means more pressure and less production in the passing game, so WRs will likely see a drop in St. Louis and Giant-town as well.

sufunk
11/14/2006, 12:15 PM
At this point in the season, i'd say Eli is not a starting option. Between the swirling winds this time of year at Giants staadium and his weak, wobbly release, Eli just cant put up good numbers. He hasnt had a decent week under our scoring sytem since the first few weeks. Bulger is my qb and losing Pace definitely hurts him alot! My only other option is Favre but he is so inconsistent. There really arent any decent free agent qbs left in my league right now. I knew i should have dropped Leon Washington and picked up Romo 3 weeks ago