PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of seios?

cbcostanza
10/31/2006, 10:42 PM
Is anybody running seio pumps in their tanks? I am in the planning stages of an upgrade to a 40 gallon breeder tank and am thinking about what kind of pumps to use. I was thinking of 2 seio 620's. Tell me your thoughts.

itZme
11/01/2006, 01:43 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8454784#post8454784 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cbcostanza
Is anybody running seio pumps in their tanks? I am in the planning stages of an upgrade to a 40 gallon breeder tank and am thinking about what kind of pumps to use. I was thinking of 2 seio 620's. Tell me your thoughts.

:lol: Chris you really need to meet Jeff (Serpentman). He says funny things like you all the time. Like when we talked and I said you would be upgrading in a little while and you said you were happy with your 15g :)
Jeff said he isn't going to be buying anything else for a while ... except a return pump... and 2 vortecs... and some corals... and whatever else.

I have heard good things about Seio pumps although some people have had trouble with them restarting if the power goes out. They are big and ugly but work. I think the restart issue is just the luck of the draw.

I have no personal experience with them to speak of.

serpentman
11/01/2006, 06:00 AM
Very funny Kevin! I just can't stop....must buy more stuff!

sagi
11/01/2006, 07:06 AM
I have used the 620's for a year and a half and have been very pleased with them. I have an extra one.

VoidRaven
11/01/2006, 07:40 AM
I had a pair of 820's running in my 75g and loved them. Hanging on to them incase of any emeregency powerhead needs. Never had any issues with them restarting.

cbcostanza
11/01/2006, 09:21 AM
Kevin you are right I m officially addicted. I think it happened about the second my first frag started to grow!

Sagi are you wanting to get rid of that extra one? Let me know for how much? Is it used and how much?

By the way how is everyone's acro frags doing from the frag workshop? Mine are taking off like wildfire! I have to think of upgrading my tank so the poor things have room to grow!HAHA

GSMguy
11/02/2006, 12:19 PM
i have a seio620 in my 29g and it works well much better than a maxi jet if you want inderect flow mine definetltly has restart problems i want the tunze nano streams with a controller but for 40 to 70 bucks they are good flow for the price nothing like a seio