PDA

View Full Version : AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Stinkin Alergies.

BLKTANG
10/19/2006, 10:14 AM
Anyone else have this problem? Its driving me crazy.

emilye2
10/19/2006, 10:16 AM
You think you've got it bad? Hubby has just discovered it's dogs he's allergic too. We've got three. My vacuum is going to be worn out in a month!

2fishy
10/19/2006, 10:19 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8371694#post8371694 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by emilye2
You think you've got it bad? Hubby has just discovered it's dogs he's allergic too. We've got three. My vacuum is going to be worn out in a month!

I would chain him up in the backyard so the dogs don't have to suffer!:D

Jeffrey Porter
10/19/2006, 10:27 AM
I'm only allergic to cilantro (coriander).

eclecticvibe
10/19/2006, 10:29 AM
I have to take Clarinex year round. I have 5 dogs and am allergic. Plus Indiana is a horrible place for allergy sufferers. Claritin and Allegra are both supposed to be just as effective, but only Clarinex works well for me. I use nasonex nose spray too. The Clarinex is pretty expensive since my insurance considers it a non formulary. Claritin just doesn't work for me and Allegra makes my back ache. Go figure.

BLKTANG
10/19/2006, 10:50 AM
I have 3 broken ribs from a car accident 3 weeks ago,& i keep sneezing.

VoidRaven
10/19/2006, 10:53 AM
Oh man that must hurt!!! Dude, sorry to hear about the allergies. Mine have changed over the years. Dog and cat allergies have improved....never could have been around them before. But now I've developed an allergy to raspberries....and I really like fresh raspberries. *sigh* That's life for ya.

PoukieBear
10/19/2006, 11:33 AM
My allergies are a killer too. I have to take allergy meds all year round. I have to switch them up every so often, because they eventually just stop working.

I'm allergic to cats, wich I have two of, Cockatoo dust, wich I also have one of, dogs, dust, anything that releases pollen...

Flonase is my best friend.

argi
10/19/2006, 11:59 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8372248#post8372248 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by PoukieBear
Flonase is my best friend.

Couldn't have said it better!! I started taking Flonase 11 years ago and have basically been allergy free since. I use to go through a box of tissues a week, now maybe a box a year.

coyoteseven
10/19/2006, 01:20 PM
No allergies here...

Instead, I decided to have an MI (heart attack), a TIA (mini-stroke), high BP, diabetes, hiatal hernia and a ventral hernia.

But at least I'm not sneezing my keester off! :D

AVALover5498
10/19/2006, 05:55 PM
I'm not allergic to anything...well i guess in the summer time i get pretty miserable from all the pollen floating around!!!:)

Filthy Flowers:mad2: ....JK!:D

jenlovesty
10/19/2006, 07:03 PM
If you are allergic to pollen or trees, find a raw honey that was grown close to you home. Take a tablespoon everyday. You will slowly build up a tolerance to the pollen.

crzy4reefs
10/19/2006, 07:23 PM
from a baby till about the age of 13 i was alergic to almost all food items..........was lactose intollerent, my mom had it tough trying to feed me not to mention all those test they have to run on you, needles up and down both arms and my back..........

(i'm adopted) so i don't know much of my family history. but as of now i'm not allergic to anything thank god. but your body does change so who knows what's instore for the future.

petoonia
10/20/2006, 12:42 AM
Im allergic to cats, which we have 2 that just love to sleep on me. Over the past few years whenever I take allergy meds I get hives, go figure. The doc says that allergy pills wouldnt do that, but they only appear when I take the allergy meds.

euroreefman
10/20/2006, 01:24 AM
I also am very allergic to stuff I love to mow but hate the after affects I got lucky in my home though I own a awesome air purifier I wont post the name of it but email me if u wanna know more bout it

english83
10/20/2006, 03:12 PM
I just had seasonal allergies in Minnesota, but here in Missouri it's constant. I'm living on Sudafed Maximum Strength Sinus and Allergy.

Sk8r
10/21/2006, 12:10 PM
In Oklahoma, I used to have allergies so bad I retreated to the house [home office] and rarely came out when things were growing. Had filters everywhere, couldn't stand dust, was on the shots, couldn't eat various things, overdosed on decongestants....was on the shots for 7 years, gained weight, overate to stay awake [allergies can make you lethargic], and was rapidly growing into serious overweight which complicated the breathing problems.

I moved north, to an area where the wind starts out over the sea and the mountains, and took up figure skating with a pro instructor. I'm in the wheat-growing end of Washington, but I have no problems most of the time, [except fire season] and when I do, the rink cures them: combination of cold, clean air and break-a-sweat exercise for 2 hours a day. I'm 50 lbs lighter and 20 years younger than I started, up here. If you live in an area where you can't get away from it, the worst thing in the world to do is what I did---retreat to the house and filters. Best thing is heavy exercise: gets the adrenaline up, and that helps fight the allergies. [Friend of mine who knows me was talking on the phone with me, and I had an allergy attack---friend said, "I'll cure it," and proceeded to tell me something guaranteed to get my Irish up. Worked. Immediately, I could breathe. That told me something.]

euroreefman
10/21/2006, 04:14 PM
I never have allergies when Im on the beach in Florida mayb its a sign I should be moving there soon I do want to but $$$

Sk8r
10/21/2006, 04:25 PM
It's that sea air. It hasn't been used before it gets to you.

BTTRFLYGRL
10/21/2006, 07:24 PM
My allergies have been making my eyes itch..so I rubbed them ahhhhhhhh and then my oil glands in my lower eyelid got clogged up, then infected and my eye got real swollen and itchy and watery and crusty and they were stuck together in the morning:mad2: then the BRILLIANT doctor gave me oral antibiotics [since the infection was so severe] some kind of eyedrops, and some cream to put on my eye.....Well my eyes started itching more:( so I did some research on the cream and drops and found out your NOT supposed to use the cream on your eye:eek: [it even says it on the tube..hehe should pay more attention] sooooo I am just taking the pills and doing the eyedrops today and my eye feels better:)

Thankyou for listening:D

BLKTANG
10/21/2006, 09:49 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8388000#post8388000 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BTTRFLYGRL
My allergies have been making my eyes itch..so I rubbed them ahhhhhhhh and then my oil glands in my lower eyelid got clogged up, then infected and my eye got real swollen and itchy and watery and crusty and they were stuck together in the morning:mad2: then the BRILLIANT doctor gave me oral antibiotics [since the infection was so severe] some kind of eyedrops, and some cream to put on my eye.....Well my eyes started itching more:( so I did some research on the cream and drops and found out your NOT supposed to use the cream on your eye:eek: [it even says it on the tube..hehe should pay more attention] sooooo I am just taking the pills and doing the eyedrops today and my eye feels better:)

Thankyou for listening:D

:hmm6: