PDA

View Full Version : Feather Duster -closed tube ?

Mr_Duckishduck
10/18/2006, 09:09 AM
Hi All,

My feather duster has not come out for two days now and looking at it closer its tube appears to be closed is it dead ? I've seen no droping of it's head and no colour change. help !

Grunt
10/18/2006, 03:01 PM
Feather dusters will leave their tubes if they are stressed or do not like there current establishments. Other then that,

How are your water conditions?
What fish do you have in the tank?
Any crabs?
Have you being feeding the worm anything?
Any chunks or pieces of feathers laying around?

Check everywhere.

zedman
10/18/2006, 03:22 PM
good point Grunt, also they can shed thier crown head and remain inside the tube until they regrow one.
Mr Duckishduck have you seen one anywhere?

Mr_Duckishduck
10/19/2006, 03:03 AM
Hi, Thanks for your responces, I havent seen any crown part anywhere. ( mabe the crabs or shrimps had them durring the night?) However a good point is he is still alive as I did see him pop out last night when the lights where out and I think you right in the fact that he's lost his crown. I have 2 emraled crabs, 1 sand goby 2 clowns & a pistol shrimp. Water tests indiacte good water (10% water changed made at weekend) Feeding the plankton stuff LFS gave me for him and other corals. I wonder if he's getting enough food, I just put 2 tea spoons in every couple of days. Every thing else in the tank is doing great Corals are growing like mad ect...

Once again thanks for all your help... This site rocks!