PDA

View Full Version : Im done with these $@#$@ Dosers!

10" Red Devil
10/17/2006, 07:43 PM
Hello,

I have two of these Stabalizer dosers from this company:

www.innovativeaquatics.com

Warning these comments are purely my opinion so dont get bent out of shape because you love these guys products and have had a good experience with them.

I personally love the support I got with them, Stan is a great guy and well while he is a great guy the product is not.

This is what keeps happening no matter what the heck I do I keep getting free flo errors. I have been told if I am dripping kalk that this is more then likely due to the little translucent pipe getting coated with the kalk and making it hard for the sensor to read the drips or something. Anyway you cant open the inside of these things because they are glued shut. So they get gunked up and cant be cleaned.

Anyway is there a doser that does not have this problem and is programable?

I am going to sell these things too so look for them on here once I find out what Im going to upgrade to if you think you can handle these things.

Thanks.

10" Red Devil
10/17/2006, 07:48 PM
Oh and the pumps I have are the stabalizers.

Fig
10/17/2006, 08:09 PM
Try a SpectraPure Litermeter III. Best piece of equipment I've bought in 20 years of fishkeeping. http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2006/8/review1

cmc5dc
10/17/2006, 08:12 PM
Been there and done just that.....spectrapure litermeter all the way, reliable and great customer support.

Hammercoral
10/17/2006, 08:40 PM
reef-fillers will do what you want, not as pricey as the litermeters, but not silent if thats a concern.

10" Red Devil
10/17/2006, 08:42 PM
Wow! Only $300 half my life savings lol! @#%$@#%^@#$ Why the blank does this blank have to cost so blank much, good or not! Jeebeesus its no wonder people leave this hobby early, total sticker shock! Amazing Ive stuck with it as long as I have!

Thanks for the suggestion my affluent friends! ;)

10" Red Devil
10/17/2006, 08:43 PM
when you say not silent how not silent? What kind of noise level comes out? Louder then a fan? I mean I got a pretty noisy skimmer on the tank right now.

10" Red Devil
10/17/2006, 08:45 PM
Also where do you get these reef-fillers?

Thanks.

John Kelly
10/17/2006, 09:30 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8360886#post8360886 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 10" Red Devil
I have two of these Stabalizer dosers from this company:

www.innovativeaquatics.com
It looks like a re-faced Kangaroo 324 dosing pump. You can usually get those on ebay for $50 - $100. I have two of them and use them for adding top off water to my tanks. There is a way to disable the drip sensor, but it requires you to open up the unit and solder a jumper in a specific area on the chipset. If you use 3/16” peristaltic tubing, you can triple the ml per hour from 300ml to 900ml.
Since I don't drip kalk through mine, I don't get the flow error unless the resevoir tank runs dry. For me, the drip sensor is a nice feature.

10" Red Devil
10/18/2006, 09:43 PM
Hmm well I driped the 2-part calcium and I still got the free flo error.

I think I am just done with these things and I will have to find an alternative.

Thanks.

sjm817
10/18/2006, 09:56 PM
I use a $10 Aqualifter and a Reeffanatic dual float switch. I dont drip. I replace all evaporated water with Kalk topoff. Works well for my setup.

old salty
10/18/2006, 11:15 PM
I work with Kangaroo 324 pumps a lot and will attest that the drip sensors are quite finicky. Maybe you will have more luck if you sent the pump back and had them disable the drip sensor. I don't know what type of tube sets you are using, but the ones that are designed specifically for the 324 are only meant to be used for 24 hours.

John Kelly
10/19/2006, 09:37 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8369686#post8369686 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by old salty
I work with Kangaroo 324 pumps a lot and will attest that the drip sensors are quite finicky. Maybe you will have more luck if you sent the pump back and had them disable the drip sensor. I don't know what type of tube sets you are using, but the ones that are designed specifically for the 324 are only meant to be used for 24 hours.
FWIW, mine last 3-4 months running 24/7 and dripping pure RO/DI water, but it is real important to keep small debris, dust particles, salt, etc... out of the top off resevoir. Any disolved salt in the water, or dust particles, will usually begin to build up just below the drip sensor. This is why it is helpful to disable the drip sensor when dripping kalk.

The website says:
"The silicone one or two-channel tubing will last about 6 months, naturally depending upon the dosiing rate. The high volume tubing should last indefinitely; at least 3 years."

I've never had the regular silicone tubing last anywhere near 6 months; 4 months at the max. Also, "indefinitely" is a lot longer than "3 years"......so which is it :confused:.

John Kelly
10/19/2006, 09:38 AM

revance
11/29/2006, 10:02 AM
Hey, I have a very similar dosing pump from innovative aquatics and I just disabled the drip sensor. If you have any electronics knowledge, you should be able to throw one together.

I give a parts list and picture here:
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=982914