PDA

View Full Version : new feather duster

Spyogenes
10/15/2006, 01:12 AM
any one have any advice, hints, suggestions..... about these cool worms? i have a small pink, red and white one that i got recently. Just looking for advice on care and what ever else you wanna add in. its in a med flow area of the tank is this okay? thanks again.

ohhh will a mantis bother these things too? i think i have one and he hasnt messed with anyting in my tank yet. he is a kind and loving mantis,.....lets hope.

thanks

Semper Fidelis

kmk2307
10/16/2006, 07:48 AM
I assume this is a fan / tube worm? They feed on phytoplankton so they do well with the addition of a little phytoplankton or in a very productive tank. Not sure about the mantis. My guess is yes, it will eat it.

Kevin

Spyogenes
10/17/2006, 01:07 AM
day three and the mantis hasnt touched it yet. i have had the tank for over a year now and have yet to see this mantis. kinda odd. the feather duster is doing great getting more bold and staying out longer. im thinking of adding another one. i bought some phytoplankton to feed it, its the liquid life bioplankton i figured it could eat that as well as my zoos and other filter feeders. good product? how often should i feed? once a week? its in a mini reef