PDA

View Full Version : what kinda flow for a lionfish?

supernareg
10/14/2006, 02:18 PM
lotsa? medium? little? none?

teena
10/14/2006, 02:29 PM
im wanting to get a lion fish, are they hard to keep? are you keeping yours in a 26g?

supernareg
10/14/2006, 02:48 PM
ya, for now, its a 2"

english83
10/14/2006, 04:33 PM
My tank has a bit of all three. Remember that the fins cause drag. Too much flow and he won't be able to swim.

What kind of lion? You can only get a dwarf for a tank that small.

Oh, and when you do get one, make sure that it's eating packaged/frozen foods at the store. It's a royal pain to wean them from live to packaged. Trust me.

ledford1
10/14/2006, 05:03 PM
Lions don't want a lot of flow like Tangs or other big swimmers.

I would say medium to little. I know that's vague, but it depends on quite a bit on the tank size, and the fish type/size.

If it's a Volitan, you'll want a much larger tank, but like english said, a dwarf could be fine.

leapfroggg
10/14/2006, 06:39 PM
what ever you do dont put peppermint shimp in there mine ate one so big he couldnt fit it all in his mouth

e46mpower
10/14/2006, 09:18 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8340847#post8340847 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by english83
My tank has a bit of all three. Remember that the fins cause drag. Too much flow and he won't be able to swim.

What kind of lion? You can only get a dwarf for a tank that small.

Oh, and when you do get one, make sure that it's eating packaged/frozen foods at the store. It's a royal pain to wean them from live to packaged. Trust me.

I wish I knew that when I got my dwarf lionfish. I have to make trips back to the LFS every week just to by him live foods...I tired weaning him off live foods, but he didn't take to the prepared/frozen foods, and I didn't want him to get weak and die, so I just gave in and kept feeding him live foods ever since.