PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Goby

Jakaru
10/12/2006, 08:14 PM
Lately I've been doing well with everything I've put in the tank. Today I recieved a goby from sirdudeguy and was worried about him being happy in my tank... for about an hour. Now he's so active my tank is cloudy heh. I'm allready in love with this guy and here he is in action. I'm going to try some frozen for him tomorrow and see how he likes it.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j257/Jakaru/IMG_1948.jpg

MelloYellow
10/12/2006, 08:18 PM
Looks like he's havin a blast in his new home :)

Jakaru
10/12/2006, 08:22 PM
yeah that's him as he is diving into the sand. this guy works non stop. He's allready picked out a spot for his burrow and is working on moving the sand for it.

sir_dudeguy
10/12/2006, 11:38 PM
sure, he comes out on the first day for you:rollface:
took him like a week to actually start coming out for me lol

i dont think i've seen any pics of your whole tank...when are those coming? ;)

Jakaru
10/12/2006, 11:40 PM
When I get some more live rock so about 2 weeks from now. When I first got here I put on some whole tank pics but they are probably burried.

Doglover_50
10/13/2006, 03:02 PM
Hey--if my reef is on base rock that was placed prior to adding sand, one of these guys would be safe from causing a crash, right? I can't see how they could move things, but...confirmation from anyone--the stocking of my 70 continues.....

sir_dudeguy
10/13/2006, 03:17 PM
as long as the base rocks (bottom rocks) are pushed to the bottom and theres no room for them to go under, it shouldnt shift the rocks. But in my 55, i only had about 1-1.5 inches of sand so i figured the rock would be fine even tho it wasnt touching the bottom...well the one here that i just gave to jakaru still managed to shift it a bit, tho nothing ever fell over.

Awsome fish and he was a great cleaner, but just make sure that the base/bottom rocks are touching the bottom of the tank so he cant go under.

Doglover_50
10/13/2006, 03:31 PM
great. My base is on the glass, so should be fine.

zap724
10/13/2006, 04:50 PM
We love our Diamond Goby, he keeps our 60 gal nice and clean. But he did cause a landslide of our liverock once, before I had everything set on the bottom. kinda spooky to watch all your rock come tumbling down (sadly we lost a yellow watchman in the process).

DrBegalke
10/14/2006, 12:28 AM
My yellow head sand sifter loves sheets of algae clipped to the side of the tank... Its really strange, most of the time the tang ignores the algae, yet that goby is up there all night picking at it.

Jakaru
10/14/2006, 12:41 AM
hmm.. I'll have to see about that. but thought they were carnavores? or is that species a vegetarian/herbavore?

sir_dudeguy
10/14/2006, 07:54 AM
i know that some gobies need stuff like those algae clips, but i dont really think that this one does...could be wrong tho, because he ate all the algae in my sand, so maybe they do...?