PDA

View Full Version : MJSTREAM or Manifold ?...Please advice needed

Bikelock
10/12/2006, 10:02 AM
I have built a 45 gallon cube with euro bracing. I am trying to figure out how to put a manifold on top but the euro braces make it difficult to get the outlets close to the edges of the tanks.

Questions:
1. Can I make the braces not extend to the end of the tank. Just bracing the middle sections of the pane.

2. Drill hole in the braces, the braces are 2" wide, I want to use 1" PVC for the manifold.

3. I have many mj600s I can mod, how big are they though?

4. Just drill the back of the tank for the closed loop, the only problem here is that I have a external overflow that has already weakened the back and taken up room on the back.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Bikelock

dhnguyen
10/12/2006, 11:13 AM
well you know what I'm gonna say :)

Besides I have never liked the manifold look all that much in the first place. The mj mods can be built pretty small actually. Mine only extend a couple inches further and overall are quite small. They are IMO a better way to get flow in your tank.

D.

Bikelock
10/12/2006, 01:29 PM
Yes, an answer from the master.

This was my go to plan after much research and the need for a new surfboard.

What is the smallest shroud you have built for a mj600?

And do you think 2 will be overkill?

Thanks for the answer.

dhnguyen
10/12/2006, 02:17 PM
2 MJ600 mods would be fine in that 45g cube.

The propellers to use would be ther Nitro Hammer or the Dumas 3002 both of which are 1.25" in diameter. You would need to drill the holes in the prop out to fit 3/16" The Nitro Hammer being the stronger prop of the 2 and will produce much more flow.

The shortest shroud I have ever built is just shy of 2 inches in length which doesn't make it much larger than the stock MJ.

D.

Bikelock
10/12/2006, 02:19 PM
Great thanks,

I will give it a shot and report back later.