PDA

View Full Version : Lettuce Nudibranch Poop or eggs?

ghrays
10/09/2006, 06:36 PM
My lettuce nudi has 'laid' two of these spiral things. Anyone know what it is?http://members.cox.net/ghray/poop%20003.jpg

graveyardworm
10/09/2006, 07:15 PM
eggs, poop looks like poop

ChickenCannoneer
10/09/2006, 07:25 PM
I belive that those are eggs.

dc
10/09/2006, 07:48 PM
They are eggs, cool hopefully they'll hatch. The babies look like a small ribbon with a little wave on one edge. :D

Mighty Dread
10/10/2006, 06:35 PM
I had some lettuce nudibranches before but they kept getting sucked into the overflow and this eventually led to all of their deaths....so I thought. Then one day weeks after I thought they were all dead becuase I had not seen any - I started seeing little, tiny Nudis back in my tank on the glass and live rock. These lived for awhile too but were eventually killed by the overflow box too....

Mighty Dread
10/10/2006, 06:37 PM
I had some lettuce nudibranches before but they kept getting sucked into the overflow and this eventually led to all of their deaths....so I thought. Then one day weeks after I thought they were all dead becuase I had not seen any - I started seeing tons of little, tiny Nudis back in my tank on the glass and live rock. These lived for awhile too but were eventually killed by the overflow box too....

CoralFiend
10/10/2006, 06:49 PM
That would be a pretty creative poop. :)

Kmiec123
10/11/2006, 06:48 PM
I had two lettuce nudibranches. didn't see them for about a mont, then the first batch of clown eggs i tryed to get after hach, i looked in the wet/dry and found on of them. pulled him out and put him back in the tank. saw him for a week of so and haven't seen him since. Just a little add on...:)

greenbean36191
10/23/2006, 10:07 PM
If you only have one slug, then the eggs might not be a good sign. Sea slugs often lay infertile eggs shortly before they die. It's sort of an instinctual, last-ditch effort to keep the species going. They don't seem to realize that they eggs have no chance of surviving.

If this is the only slug in the tank I would suspect it's probably starving.

Also, FWIW they are just "slugs," not nudibranchs. The term nudibranch has taxonomic meaning, and these guys don't fall into that group.