PDA

View Full Version : Shrimps?

Dan9
10/08/2006, 07:21 PM
How long should I wait to get a shrimp? My 65 gallon tank has been setup for about 2 months. I would like a coral banded shrimp and/or a cleaner shrimp. Should I wait a little longer or am I all set? I appreciate any input.

kmk2307
10/09/2006, 02:39 AM
Dan, there are a myriad of factors that determine whether or not your tank is ready. Can you post pictures of it and provide more information about what organisms you are keeping, what your water chemistry is like, and what sort of equipment you are using? Regardless, I think two months old is too soon for either species of shrimp. Coral banded shrimp are a lot "tougher" than cleaners in my experience.

Hope this helps,
Kevin

Dan9
10/09/2006, 10:05 AM
I have two oscellaris clowns, 3 pajama cardinals (which will be coming out soon), and 4 turbo snails.
Nitrate- 10-15 ppm
Nitrite- 0 ppm
Ph- 8.2
Ammonia- 0 ppm
My tank is rr with a mag 7 pump and a skimmer. I will try to post pics but it didn't work for me last time I tried. Thanks for the help.

kiknchikn
10/09/2006, 10:25 AM
IMO, I'd wait a little while longer until your trates are < 5.

Just out of curiosity, why are you moving the PJ cards out?

Dan9
10/09/2006, 10:33 AM
They came with my tank and IMO they aren't my favorite fish. I have always wanted a saltwater tank and have been thinking about the fish I want to keep for years. Now that I have one, I want to start adding the fish that I've been thinking about. They are kind of growing on me though, so I might change my mind. I haven't decided for sure yet. Thanks for the help.

kiknchikn
10/09/2006, 10:49 AM
Oh that makes sense I guess. I was just curious because I've always liked PJ cards, they make me laugh every time I see them and their pink, polka-dotted pants. I plan to get a few when I have a bigger tank.